Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 23 Prior Lake, Minnesota


district picture


us at the temple

Family and Friends!!

 Holy Cow!! I don't even where to begin! it has been one of the most random weeks of my mission and maybe my LIFE!  You see, at first, I was like this is NOT my life! but then I remembered that Satan does everything to throw you off you game the week of a baptism....and he really put up a fight this week, he knew that our investigator Sister K was going to join our side and HE didn't want that to happen....but it totally did! eheheh!!

 Monday!

last monday was not normal. even though I LOVED having the 4th off and partying it up, it was weird not to have a pday on monday. we were busy, but the whole day felt off..it didn't feel like a monday but a tuesday, so I was a day off all week! haha!  Monday night we did have a good lesson with our investigator sister W.  We talked about the BIQs. We had a funny moment when we got to question 4. 

 
Sister Hulet: Sister W, have you ever committed a serious crime?

Sister W: yes.

Sister Hulet: are you now on probation or parole?

Sister W: (confused look on face)  no

Sister Pead: have you ever been to jail?

Sister W: WHAT?!? NO!!!

Sister Hulet: Have you ever broken the law?

Sister W: ......i speed....

Sister Hulet and Pead: hahahahahahahahahaha!! 

It was so funny! she thought that was a "serious crime"! it made her feel better when we said that that didn't count for that question. 

 
Tuesday!

on tuesday we had our last official lesson with sister K.  We talked about following the prophet and how we come to know that Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet that speaks for God today.  We watched a movie about President Monson..it was really good.  She loved how much he loved the people he served when he was a bishop.  it was fun to learn things that I never knew about him...there was such a sweet spirit there and after the movie sister pead and I told sister K how we came to know that he was a prophet.  I had to think about it for a minute cause I didn't remember when I knew.  I remember when president Hinckley died and I remember not being sure if president Monson was really the prophet, however, was I started to study his talks from general conference, I knew that he spoke for God today..and that it didn't mean the the prophet before was any less of a prophet, but that the torch had been past! it was a cool lesson, yet it was kinda weird that it was gunna be our last before she would be a member!  I may or may not of cried a little.

 
Later that afternoon sister pead and I were riding our bikes on the flooded road.  we were on the bridge and at the end there are cement blocks so cars cannot get through..so we had to get on the sidewalk to pass them...i hopped up on the right side and sister pead went to hop the left.  As she hopped the curb, so lost control of her bike and totally scraped the left side of her body on the wall of the bridge! I laughed so hard, but when she didn't stop and kinda jumped off her bike, I knew she was not ok.  I got off my bike and ran over to make sure she was ok.  she didn't break anything, but totally scraped up her arm and had a hole in her knee.  She could fit her pinkey in the hole!!! its doing better now, but it kinda threw us off our game just a little.  

 
Wednesday!

You know that day when nothing seems to be going right and it feels like you should just go back to bed.  Yeah, that was wednesday.  everthing we planned that day changed in some shape or form...it was really annoying....when we got in that night, we prayed that we would be able to plan a better day for tomorrow.  we got in bed and for the first time in a LONG time, I feel right asleep.....in the night, it was like 2:30am I hear keys and a weird noise outside our door....yep! someone had keys to get in our apartment and totally walked in and turned the light on!!! I didn't quite know if I was still dreaming or not..but then sister pead was all: AH HELLO!  the lady that walked in asked us if "katie" was home.....and I said: nope! she then laughed and walked out the door.  I got up and turned the light off and got back in bed...i just layed there thinking that if someone else was to walk in I had NO way to protect myself......at least at home I had a golf cub and baseball bat under my bed! then sister pead says: did that just happen?!? I laughed and said Yeah! it totally did! I laughed! however, it was not that funny!  the next morning we called the mission office and gave them quite the scare! it was really funny cause we just left a message saying that we had a little problem and explained what happened and asked them to call us back...they called back and said we had more then just a "little problem"!  No worries (mom and dad ) now...we have not one new lock, but 4 new locks! no one is gunna get into our room now!! 

 
Thursday!

thursday we went to the temple! I LOVE that place!!! its so crazy how after a trip to the temple can help everything...we truly get POWER when we go there...its one of my favorite places because I feel so close to my heavenly father.  I love the peace and quiet that is there...it helps me remember what in the world i'm doing here in Minnesota. we went with the elder foggin and carbonell.  it was fun. our hole district was there, so it was kind of a party! we also did service and taught sister W again.  We had a great lesson on why we do what we do..we watched a talk by elder uchtdorf called the love of God.  in the talk elder uchtdorf pretty much says that if we truly love God, we will do all he asks and want to follow his example. it was really good! I think that it helped sister W to really understand why we invite her to change. 

 
Friday!

Friday was awesome. we met with a less active and did our thing.  That night we went over to sister K and answered any last minute questions. she was really excited to be baptized! we had the brother she asked to baptize her with us so she could get an idea of where to stand and where to hold his hand and stuff like that.  it was so unreal that her baptism day was coming...to be real, when I first met sister K I wouldn't have guessed that we would be here today! and it makes me so happy! 

Saturday!

can you say one of the most stressful mornings! it was crazy! but sister pead and I were able to get to the church in one piece to meet sister K. it was a great service and the spirit was perfect! her family came to support her, which was a big deal! it was fun to see the members just include them into their circle after the baptism. it was just the greatest days! i'm so blessed to have been a small part of it..heavenly father is just to sweet to me to have let me meet sister K and learn from her. She will be an awesome member and will be a positive light to her family.  it was just awesome....i don't know what more to say...

Sunday! 

Sunday was good, we had a great RS lesson on the priesthood.  it made me feel so blessed to have a dad who holds it and is always willing and able to use it.  I feel so blessed to have been born into a family that is sealed by the priesthood power and be able to bug them for forever and always! it puts such a big smile on my face! I hope that I can help other families work have the same blessings that I have been given! 


Well, that about it! thanks for all the love and support! I have the blessed cheer team!

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment