Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 22 Prior Lake, Minnesota




Family and Friends!!

 it has been a crazy-awesome week!!! honestly, I don't know how to describe all that went down this week..it has been the all the above! 

 Monday!

on monday we went over to a less actives house to do our laundry and do some crafts with her.  She makes jean bags out of old pants, so she showed us how to make them..sister pead and I worked on one..it made me laugh to see how they totally showed our personalities! I will have to send pictures home then I finish it!  We also had an awesome lesson with sister W.  we talked about baptism and why we are baptized. during the lesson I had a thought to do an object lesson with her because I just didn't feel like what we were saying was clicking..so l turned over to sister pead to tell and she knew the one I wanted to do! it was really cool how the spirit was able to keep both sister pead and I on the same page so the lesson could flow!  We did the water and pepper object lesson and she loved it and it totally clicked for her! it was totally cool! we were able to set a baptism date for her to work towards!  it was so awesome!!

Tuesday!

on tuesday we met with our date set, sister K. it was great! we were able to go over the baptism interview questions so she can be 100% prepared for her interview.  She is so excited about it! She told us about as she has been thinking about her baptism, she can totally see how God has lead her to accepting the restored gospel! the spirit was super strong! Heavenly Father totally has a plan for EACH of us and knows what we need so that we can become who he knows we can.  Each of us has a different plan, yet we can learn and help others progress..its totally cool to experience this everyday.  July 12 is gunna be SWEET!! 

 

on a more funny note..that morning we got a text from the prior lake elders that said: Happy First of July! Of course it made sister pead and I laugh cause the 1st of the month is when we get more miles..and in June we were in the negatives! We replied that we were celebrating with cake and ice cream...the elders then said: are you for real!?! and then sent: OH CANADA! that is when it hit sister pead and I that today was totally Canada day and elder Foggin is from Canada!    

 Wednesday!

Wednesday, sister pead and I did some service. We helped sister K pull/cut the weeds or tress around her fence..it was intense! then we did some more service for another investigator.  I LOVE doing service, it makes me so happy! we do the most random things for people!! but that is also how we can feel the Saviors love for them.

 Thursday!

We had our district meeting on thursday...it was good.  My favorite part of the meeting was our white-handbook training..it was on handling firearms of all kinds.  it made me laugh! the elders had drawn pictures of all the kinds of firearms that are against the white-handbook as well as found pictures of stories from the scriptures of prophets and fire, like Elijah setting the alter on fire! ....and then committed us to have a safe 4th of july! it was really funny!  We also had some great lessons and were able to get sister W to commit to come to church! so that was awesome!

Friday! 

Oh, man! friday was a serious party!  I have never ate so much hamburgers and hot dogs in my life!  The party started at the 12 at the first members house, the M family.  They had us and the Elder over for a BBQ. it was fun..the elders and us brought pictures of our past lives to show each other.  it was cool to get to know Elder Foggin and Elder Carbonall better.  then the party moved to the C home..were we partied with them and the G families! Fun story! sister pead and I were driving to the C home and in the park we saw the elders sitting at a table playing there "nerd game" magic...then they finally came to the house we totally called them out on it..they said they were "weekly planning" I said: coolbeans, I didn't know that weekly planning came in a magic box! hahahaha! their faces were red! it was really funny! We ate, laughed, did back-flips, watched fireworks, and the Elders taught sister Pead and I how to play magic.  So, magic is like Pokemon for adults..all I could do is laugh cause in what world was I sitting at a picnic table while some Elder was teaching me how to attach sister Pead! it was a lot of fun! 

Saturday! 

it was really weird not to have a baptism today...it was the first saturday in a month that we were not at a baptism. our area has been on fire! We were able to sat busy though, we helped do more sand-bagging and teaching.  We met with our recent-convert, so that was good.  we have not seen her in a while and so it was good to catch up and see how she and her family was doing. 

Sunday!

it was a really great fast-sunday! We had 4 investigators at church! it was really cool to see how different our ward looked! half the people there were recent converts or investigators! it was really cool to see the progress and missionary work that has happened in our ward. Siste pead and I did some finding that afternoon and we met a lady who had the UGLIEST cats in the world! it was so hard not to laugh!! 


Well that was a sum up of my life this week! Thanks for all the love and support! I will send some pictures too! 

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment