Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 8 Andover, Minnesota




Friends and Family!

it’s been another good week and I’ve seen tons of Miracles this week! it’s been great! I don't even know where to begin! This week as a mission we had a goal to have 250 investigators to church..we were told that if each companionship had 3 investigators to church then we would surpass the goal...when I hear this I was a little nervous because we have only have had one investigator to church and so I didn't know where we would get 3 of them!! But then I thought, Randi! Where is your faith!! so this week I invited everyone I talked to to come to church! Now I know what you are thinking, the Miracle is going to be about finding 3 investigators to come to church, but it’s not...so don't hold your breath! On Saturday night at like 10:29 we got a text from one of our investigators Sister T.  We have been teaching Sister T for a couple of weeks, she lives with Brother and Sister J who we are also teaching. I can’t remember if I have said anything about them before, so recap if I have.  We found Brother and Sister J one night getting ready for a yard sale and we asked if we could help them.  From then on we have been teaching them. They know a couple in our ward and that’s why they said we could come back! (See, its important to be good examples!) Sister T has been sitting in on the lessons and we have never really taught to her personal, which is a mistake on our part..In our lesson on Friday we invited them to come to church and they said they had other plans, but maybe next week..we just left it at that and finished our lesson..on our way out I told Sister T  that if she had any questions about the chapter in the B of M we left for her to read to just text us and we can answer them, so when we got the text on Saturday that’s what we thought it was about.  Wrong!! She said that she wasn't going with Brother and Sister J and wanted to know if she could come to church with us! We were freaking out! It was great!! We were so pumped to have two investigators planned to come to church! It was truly a Miracle! On Sunday morning we get a call from our other investigator Sister M..she had a cold and couldn't come to church, we were sad, but we understood where she was coming from..So we didn't get three investigators to church and we didn't make our mission goal, but we did get Sister T to church and it was great...we went over to her house after church to see what she thought about church and to teach her more.  She said that it was different from what she was used to, but thought it was good..we had a great lesson and she is progressing, which is awesome! She is such a great person and had been through a lot of challenges in life..I’m so grateful to have met her.

 On Sunday we also stopped by Sister M to see how she was feeling and to give her a get well bag of goodies! She thought it was so good we would stop by and let us come in..we asked her if she has been reading the B of M and she had read every day since we saw her on Monday of last week!! MIRACLE!!!! We were able to answer some of her questions and it was awesome! She is starting to progress in the gospel and you can see a difference in her spirit since we started teaching her! It is just amazing! I just love Sister M! We are meeting with her this coming Wednesday, so I will give you all an update next week :)

 On Wednesday we went and help a couple in our ward that is getting ready to move to Utah pack more boxes, it was good to wear pants!! Holy Cow! I miss my jeans so much..my companion and I had on our college T-shirts and had to laugh because we are a companionship divided! (See picture)  Yes, she is a BYU fan and I’m a Utah fan...let’s just say in this matter that I know BEST!

 On Saturday I had a proud moment when I made my first kill in the mission field, yes I hit a squirrel, but no worries I was not on my bike, but driving the car! So this is what happened.  I was driving down the road and I saw a squirrel in the road.  It ran across my lane and I looked out the mirror and saw a ball of fur flying in the air behind the car..my companion must have saw the same thing because we then looked at each other and just started laughing! We had to stop and get pictures..(see pictures).  it was really funny because Sister Szabo has been talking about how much she wanted to kill one and it just so happened that I was first to make the kill, she said that it wasn't far because she had been waiting all her mission to kill one I’ve only been out one transfer so it was not fair..I told her we Hulets know how to get the job done!

 The last picture is of one of the 10,000 lakes in Minnesota! 

 Thanks for all the Love and support! I feel like I’m the luckiest missionary in the world because I just have the best support system! I Love and Miss you all!!!

Love!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment