Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 7 Andover, Minnesota


Friends and Family!

Well, I made it through my first transfer..I cannot believe that the past 6 weeks have gone by so fast! I don't feel like I have been gone that long! It’s started to get colder here and  I’m not gunna lie,  I’m a little nervous for winter, and it’s a little too late for that because ready or not I think it’s coming!! hahaha!  I’m sure I will be fine, one of the Elders in my district was telling Sister Szabo and me about a time that his toes were so cold when he took his socks off that night they were WHITE!! I pray that my shoes will keep all my toes warm because I don't want to be the Lifeguard with only 8 toes when I return to sunny St. George! This weekend it rained pretty much nonstop and  I’m so grateful that it’s a new month and we have miles, I wouldn't have been a happy missionary if I had to pedal in the cold, windy rain...I say that but you all know I would have done it anyway..no promises I would have had a smile on my face! I hope I will not have to experience that anytime soon.

 This week was full of spiritual and not so spiritual moments which is no shock because we all know how spiritual I am! hahaha! And sorry I don't have any animal stories this week...I guess all the dogs got the message that they need to back the HECK up! One funny moment was on Tuesday night.  Sister Szabo and I were riding our bikes-this was before the rain storm came- and we stopped and talked to a guy in his yard.  We asked him how he felt about all the road work that was taking place by his home...well that was the wrong inspired question to ask because he got his soup box about how much he didn't like it and how the city was doing it all wrong.  One of his big problems was that people would speed on the dirt road and it drove him crazy..just as he was saying this a pick-up truck came down the road going really fast, sending a big cloud of dirt and rock flying everywhere behind him....the guy then throw the roll of tape in his hand at the truck and it bounced off the window and flow back and just about hit me in the head..good thing I moved out of the way just in time...the truck came to a sudden stop and this big fat guy steps out with a NOT missionary friendly words coming out of his mouth..the two guys begin a yelling match with Sister Szabo and myself standing in the middle! I look over at Sister Szabo with a look of we are going to have a fight, she then started slowly pedaling away..I followed her lead and slowly pedaled up the road..when we got up the road a little ways we turned to see what was going on and sure enough they were still starting to get a little physical! We looked at each other and just busted up..it was so funny to see and hear them fight about who throw the roll of tape and why! I guess you may have needed to be there, but it was just really funny!

On a spiritual note, we had a great lesson with our investigator Sister M.  We were at a member’s home and watched the Restoration movie about the First Vision and the Book of Mormon. We talked about how it was really important to read the Book of Mormon to come to know if it was true and how it would be the base for gaining a testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Restored Church.  I shared how I gained my testimony of the Book of Mormon and how much it was influenced my life since.  She said that she wants to know for herself and so I hope that she will start to read seriously.  We also had a great lesson with an older couple we found a week or so ago.  Again we watched the Restoration movie and had a great experience.  When we asked Sister J how she liked the movie, she said it was really good and she really liked it.  she liked best that it brought back a memory from when she was a kid and watched a movie about Joseph Smith! I looked over at Sister Szabo when she said that because who would remember that! I hope that she will remember that while she reads this week!

 We were able to watch General Conference this weekend and it was awesome! I loved all the talks and can't wait until I can read them and study them! I felt like they were just for me and I hope that I will be able to take the thoughts and feeling I had and apply them to become a better missionary.  I will say that I did miss watching Conference in my living room much better then at the church building...but it’s all good, I only have 2 more to good..right?!? POSITIVE!  I’m sure that when I’m home I will miss watching them in the chapel with the other missionaries and like 3 other people in the ward that come to the church.  Our investigator Sister M came to the Sunday morning session and she said that she liked it, so that was awesome!  

  I’m so grateful for all the love and support from everyone I get each week! I have the best friends and family in the world thanks for all the LOVE!

Love!

Sister Randi Hulet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment