Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 10 Andover, Minnesota



Friends and Family!!

This week has been the most busy of all my weeks out here, we had so much going on!! I feel like each day when by so fast, like I feel like every morning after I said my prayers, I was coming home to do nightly planning! I guess that is how it goes when you are busy.  On Tuesday we had a funny knocking experience..we were really out of the knocking mode and our focus what not all there.  So we walked up to this house and there were no outside lights on and we were wearing our dark heavy coats.  There was a window in the door and a screen door that covered the wooden and we could see people standing inside, so we knocked on the door.  the lady that was standing in the window turned and when she saw us standing there, it scared her and I think she may have said some four letter words....it would have scared me to to see two dark figures standing at the door.  When she opened the wooden door the dog freaked out and started running right at me! I was so scared, I totally saw my life flash before my eyes! at first I thought the dog would stop once it came to the door, but it didn't and ran right into the screen door.  Oh man, I was freaked out! But the dog didn't break through the door..POSITIVE! After all that Sister Szabo started talking to the couple and she was just rambling on and on..not making much since...the couple had the weirdest look on their face, like who in the heck are these girls...then she just stops talking mid-phrase and pass me the Book of Mormon in her hand...I took it while thinking what in the world are you doing?!? it was so bad...like the worst door experience of my life!! But as we walked away all we could do was laugh because I was almost taken out by a dog! 

On Thursday we went to the temple as a district and that was really cool..the St. Paul temple is a lot smaller than the St. George temple, but the spirit was so strong! I Loved it!!  Getting there was a challenge though...so we had a ride all set up last week, so we wouldn't have to worry about that, but on Wednesday night our ride canceled! She was really sick and her eyes were blood-shot, we felt really bad...Luckily we were able to find a ride last minute and that was all good..In the morning all the Elders rides fell through! Satan didn't NOT want us to go to the temple..one of the sets of Elders found a ride from their ward and we were able to squish everyone into the two cars..the members here are so great to help us last minute, the have now saved our bacon twice in the last two weeks!!

 

Friday was our most crazy day of the week! We had back-to-back lessons for the first time! We taught Brother and Sister J and then Sister M! it was great...in the first lesson we committed Sister Johnson to come to church, which was a huge Miracle! She still has not been reading the Book of Mormon, but she committed again to find time to read it! I told her it would change her life!  For Sister M, we taught the Law of Chastity...so as part of my Training, I have to lead out in teaching the commandments, so tonight I was planning on doing just that.  When it was time to start the lesson, my mind went blank and I didn't know what to say, Sister Szabo looked over at me and then started..I was able to follow her up and share the rest of my parts, but for some reason I just couldn't start.  When we got to the car, Sister Szabo just started laughing and said that I should have seen the look on my face during the lesson! She said that the fear in my eyes was priceless..I would think that it was the same look Stu's deer had in its eyes when it was shot! Total fear and nervousness!!! So, all weekend when we would have to report to our leaders about the lessons, she would laugh! I'm glad she I was able to bring her joy! 

 

Our investigator Sister M is so awesome! she brought me Oreo's to our lesson on Friday..she said that when she was at the store, she saw the Oreo's and thought of me so she bought me some!! How sweet is she!!  We have such an awesome investigator!  Saturday was we had our ward Halloween party and it was good! One of you investigators from the apartments cross from the church came..it was fun..there were lots of games and stuff.  Halloween is really big here, I guess that Anoka the town next to Andover is the Halloween capital of the world and people get really into it here..and we all know how much I enjoy this holiday..the stuff people decorate with is so over the top and creeepy!! there are some house that scare me just to walk up to the door.  But it will be all over soon! then Christmas decorations will be out and that is like my favorite time of the Year!! I can't wait!!   On Sunday, both sister M and sister J both came to church and they stayed for all three hours!! it was awesome! as a mission we finally reached our goal of 250 to church!! we ended up with 252! it was a great Sunday with tons of people to church! we were so pumped when we got the text about it!! So, today I got my hair done and I don't really know how I feel about it..what do you think about it..i would love commits..so please share you thoughts..both good and bad..i want to hear :) and I forgot my camera cord so only the one picture of my new hair this week..next week  I should have more pictures of all the fun from this week! I love you all!! Thanks for all the love and support!!

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your new hair color and oreo's! You hit the jackpot girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete