Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 11 Andover, Minnesota






Friends and Family!!

Well, it’s been a week of miracles and I don't know where to start!  This week we when on Exchanges with the Shingle Creek Sisters-Sister Ballif and Sister Curtis-and I had a great experience.  Sister Ballif came to Andover to work with me.  She is my Sister Training Leader and holy cow, she is so great..I learned so much from her. We had a great lesson with our progressing investigator Sister M.  We taught the faith and repentance, and the spirit was SO strong..Sister M opened up and shared some personal stories..and no I didn't cry! We taught her again on Halloween-Sister Szabo was back for that lesson-and we taught baptism and the holy ghost..we asked her if she was ready to be baptized on her baptism date-which we had set for November 9-and she said no! I was so shocked!! She told us that she knows she needs to be baptized, but she is still not sure about the Book of Mormon and if the Mormon church is for her. In my mind, I thought "What have we done wrong??" But as I thought about it longer this thought was replaced with the thought that it is all in Gods timing, not mine..I know that she will be baptized when she is ready.  On Wednesday night, one of the BIGGEST miracles happened: I got TWO letters from my brother Stu!! He has not  written me at all while I've been gone and each week I would tell him to write me a letter, and that if I could find time to write him, he could find time to write me and I guess he finally did!! It was the sweetest thing in the world!! I never thought I would miss him that much..getting his letters pretty much made my week!! Thanks Stu!! xoxo

 

Friday was a bitter-sweet day.  So all week we had been trying to get a hold of our investigators Bro/Sis J and Sis T and no with no luck..we had a lesson planned for Friday night and so we headed over to their home...both Sister Szabo and myself had the feeling that they were going to drop us and that they were just not ready to hear the gospel and sure enough when we got to their home..they were gone.  We had been dropped  Now, I know what you are thinking..how is this a good thing and why would you label this as a miracle?? But here is the thing..we had planned for our back-up that we would knock this street near their home and so that is what we did.  We knocked into a family that is so cool! We asked them if and how they have seen Gods hand in their family and they said that they haven't, but want too!! We taught the restoration and now we have a return appointment! Great Stuff!! I totally feel like we were lead to them! It was great!  While we were their they let me hold their pet ferret! I wanted to get a picture with it so bad, but that would have been so unprofessional, so I just didn't even ask. 

 

Saturday was great too! We spent the day finding new investigators by offering to rake people leafs..at first I didn't know if this would work, but it totally did.  We met a girl who is open to hearing about our faith and wants to come closer to Christ...she lives with her boyfriend’s family and come home while we were raking her yard...and they had a HUGE yard!! She gave us some water and said that she wants to learn more about our church..we shared the restoration with her and it was really good..she had to leave, but before she did she said gave us her number and wanted us to call her to set up a time to come back and share more with her!! It's crazy how the Lord prepares people!! Like, we are these two random girls raking leafs and she totally let us into her home and gave us her number and wants us to come back!?! It makes me think how this is truly the Lords work and that he puts people in our path who are ready for the gospel in their life...this totally couldn't be man’s work or it would happen!

 

Overall, it was a good week and its crazy how fast time is has gone by, Sister Szabo told me that this could be the last full week we have together, next week is Transfer..so please send all mail through the mission home address so that if I leave it will be able to find me  I'm still getting used to my hair color and am not 100% sure that I like it..it is soo different and I've confused all the members in my ward! On Sunday they all thought that I was a new missionary..it was kinda funny! I love you all and hope everyone has a great week!!

 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

1 comment:

  1. It is all kinda funny, but as you expressed over and over again, it's all in God's hands who place you in the right place at the right time, even though you are only raking leafs.

    ReplyDelete