Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 1 Prior Lake, Minnesota

This is me and sister Reber with our awesome hair nets
 and cool feed my starving children tshirts!
we are pretty good lookin" hahahahahaha        
 

Friends and Family!! 

Crazy that I have been gone for 6 months now!! Time goes by so fast; I don't feel like I’ve been in Minnesota for that long!  This week has been bitter/sweet.  saying goodbye to all my new friends in Austin was so hard, it really felt like I was leaving home for the second time! I don't think that I have cried as much as is did! and when I think about it it’s so crazy because I’ve only known these people for 12 weeks and I feel like I have known them for so long.  It was super sad to say goodbye to Brother L and Brother T!! after we left their apartment, Brother L sent us a text that said that it was not going to be the same without me, but he knew that I was his sister and that we were all part of "Father in Heaven’s " family..it was so sweet!! He is so awesome and I’m sad that I will not be able to get to be there for his baptism.  Saying bye to sister Amis was also super sad..we had become such great friends!  She was so much fun to serve with..she always kept me laughing, yet we had some spiritual moments that I will never forget! And the Members!!! Holy Cow! They were the BEST! The Austin ward truly has a feeling of family that I’ve never felt in any other ward! I can’t wait to go back a visit after my mission, who would have thought that SPAM town would be at the top of the list of places I want visit!!  So, Monday and Tuesday were full of goodbyes...we visited everyone and their dog! One funny moment was that me and sister Amis were driving and out of nowhere we hear the pop sound..she turned to me and said, What is this? a drive by shooting?!? we looked out the dark windows and then we saw what had happened...in the corner of the windshield has a HUGE splat of bird-crap!! we thought it was the funniest thing ever!! No joke, it sounded like a gun! it was so loud....then we tried to wash it off with the wipers but it was in that awkward spot that couldn't be wiped away...we laughed and laughed and laugh...it might be one of those moments that you had to be there for..but it was super funny!  Maybe it was funny cause all the rest of the moments were saying goodbye! 

So on Wednesday was transfers and I got my new companion. Her name is Sister Reber and we were in the same YSA ward in St George, so we kinda a really knew each other! Such a huge blessing because we skipped the hole super awkward first car ride home part of transfers. We get a long great and I feel like I can just be my crazy self around her..we have had fun so far and so that awesome. I think that we are going to have a great time working together and I’m super excited to see what fun things are in store for us! 

Prior Lake is a nice area, about 40ish minutes outside the twin cities..completely different then Austin...we were finding the first night I got here and it was so weird for me to knock on Big houses and to talk to white people again! I feel like I had just gotten used to teaching people who didn't know much English and now I’m teaching super smart people! Funny how the Lord sends us from one extreme to the other. One miracle that happened is that on my first night in Prior lake we knocked on this super nice home and met an older couple and talked with them for like 35 minutes..we shared the message of the Restoration of the gospel with them and they said we could come back..and so on Sunday evening we went back...and they totally let us in and we had another great conversation with them..we invited them to church and the presidents fireside next week, but they said that they couldn't come but they would love to come another week..and they even are letting us come back on Saturday!  As we talked on Sunday night, I could totally see how Heavenly Father had put us in their path to help them find truth.  They are totally searching for something more and it’s so clear to me! I know that sister Reber and I were meant to meet them! 

On Saturday we got to go with our ward to help the Feed my starving children pack food for kids in other counties..it was so much fun! It was great to serve with the members of my new ward and to get to know them in that setting..they said that on Saturday they put together over 3 million packages of food! Crazy!! I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to help and provide food for children that don't have it..it made me feel so blessed! I’m truly one of the most lucky people in the world!! Heavenly Father has not only blessed me with a great life, but also his gospel and the knowledge of him and his son....Thanks for all the love and support yall continue to show me!   

 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment