Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 12 Austin, Minnesota

My district!

Me and Sister Olsen under some awesome graffiti..hahahaha


FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

What another great week in the MMM! holy cow! I really just don't know what to say about it...this week was great and so many miracles happened! Crazy how much the Lord blesses us on a daily basis! I don't remember what I wrote last week so if I repeat then sorry! But Monday was another semi-house arrest day and what a blessing it was!! Heavenly Father knew that I needed a FULL day off to get myself together! I also got my hair done and it is okay..not really what I was going for, but its cold out side so I wear my beanie most days :) My hair misses you SUE!! Sister Amis and I are pretty much on FIRE! Heavenly Father has sent us people who are truly prepared to hear his gospel!!! I love seeing the growth in our investigators each week! They are being changed in so many ways and they come to know more about their Savior. Brother L continues to make me smile each and every day we meet with him...he has such I desire to learn about the gospel...on Sunday we were walking out of Sunday school and he was telling one of our other investigators: in his crazy Asian-English that "my day is February 15...when is yours?" talking about baptism and our other investigator responded that he didn't know "when his day was yet!" it make me smile, like a proud mom! He was just so excited about it! He reads the Book of Mormon all the time and always texts us with great questions! What a "golden" investigator!!

So the joke in our district is that here in Austin we only teach those who don't speak English! During district meeting, the Elders we making fun of us and joking about how we don't have a "normal" teaching pool....well on Wednesday we were doing some finding and we knocked into a younger lady and we taught her about the Restoration and where able to set up a return appointment for Wednesday night...She is totally awesome! Like I pretty much think that she will be baptized! But the best part is that she is AMERICAN!!! When we got back out to our car we had to call our leaders to tell them that we found a "white" investigator! it was kinda funny!

Sunday was a AMAZING! First, we were able to go to church! I really missed not having church last week and how that it doesn't get canceled again. It was fast and testimony meeting and like all the testimonies were about missionary work and the Restoration of the gospel, it was perfect for our investigators to hear!...no worries, I paid them all after ;) and then our district leader came teaching with us and we had some great lessons! the spirit was so strong!! it was so great! My favorite lesson we taught was with our investigators Brother K and Sister N. They are both from Africa and speak French...Sister N is the translator cause Brother K speaks VERY little English. We have been teaching them for about a month now. We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ...When we got to baptism the spirit was perfect and I asked Sister N, if she would be baptized and she said YES! so we set a date for March 8! She is so awesome! Brother K wants to wait for his wife to come over from Africa before he commits to baptism, but who knows what will happen :)

So, I'm getting transferred this week to Prior Lake...so if you want to sent me mail..sent it to the mission home address please....ummmmmmmmmmmm ya.......i pretty much cried when I saw the transfer email this morning cause I’m not ready to say bye to all my friends here in Austin and Sister Amis! We have been getting along so well and we teach great together!:( But its whatever I guess...my new companion is from St. George and she was in my YSA ward...her name is Sister Reber so that is pretty cool..and should be fun...but I will really miss Austin and Sister Amis....Well I hope that everyone has a great week! thanks for all the love and support!

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment