Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 3 Prior Lake, Minnesota


Friends And Family!!!

It was been a great week..full of so many miracles!! Heavenly Father has so blessed me and sister reber..and I know it is because of the prayers from my loved ones!! I can never thank yall enough! I don't even know where to start! Well, we were blessed this week with some WARM weather!! You know you have a problem when warm weather is like 37*!! Ya! I didn't know how to feel about this!! Half of me was like: Yes! I can ditch this cape of a coat and these bulky shoes!! Where the other half was like: Crap!! you so know all this snow that has melted is going to freeze and we will be covered in a nice blanket of ice..RIGHT?? Well, this battle was short lived cause the next day we were back to the cold! and sure enough, we did have A LOT of ice!! 

Sister Reber and I had some great lessons this week! it was awesome to see how the spirit works and how when you act on the promptings of the spirit miracles come! On Friday we were knocking doors...while we were walking ran into a guy named Brother J.  He was younger and had this gnarly tattoo on the side of his face and so of course, that is so what I asked him about first! Come to find out, he is a less active member, who has not been to church in a while.  He told us that it really bugged him that people would judge him and this really hurt him.  When I heard this it hurt me..it really bugged me that he would be so hurt by other members that he would no longer feel comfortable coming to church..he did point out that he knew that it was stupid to worry about how others viewed him, but it was hard when you didn't look like the "typical Mormon".  However, he said that he was now at a point in his life where he was ready to try again.  I'm so stoked to meet with him this week and to more fully understand his story.  I really hope that we can help him rebuild his faith and help him come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ again.  

Sister Reber and I also met with another Less active this week.  Her name is Sister S.  She is older and just a small little thing! No joke she could  fit in my purse!!  I loved talking with her..she has some great insights on the gospel from all her years of research.  During our visit, she totally opened up to us about herself and told us a lot of personal stories..it totally helped us truly understand her so much better.  She is such a strong person and had overcome so much hardship in her life...the best part is that on Sunday when we got to church she was there!!!  It ALMOST made me cry..I was so happy to see her there!! It also made me stop and think for just a moment....seeing someone at church makes me cry???? Yep..I’m a missionary!

Sunday was just a great day....the primary people had to have a training third hour, so the RS took over the primary. I loved being with all the kids in primary again..it made me think of my cute little class and how much fun it was to be with those sweet spirits! I totally miss primary!!! We sang tons of fun songs and had a great sharing time..it was so awesome!  Following the great spirit that primary brings, we had a great lesson with one of our investigators, Sister G.  She has been investigating the church for a number of years, but because of personal problems she hasn't been baptized.  Her son J was baptized like 2ish years ago and is a rock star!! Last lesson we had left her to read Mosiah 18:8-9 on the covenant we make with God when we are baptized. We talked about and she said that she is wants to pray for a date and then do whatever is necessary to work towards that date. it was so great!! the spirit was totally in charge of that lesson! Well, I’m out of time, so I cannot sent pictures this week , but will next week! Thanks for all your love and support!   

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

1 comment:

  1. You got so lucky to be able to take over Primary on Sunday! I couldn't think of a better way to sing every single favorite Primary song I know and have them do rounds. Now if only I could lead and sing would really be a blessing, but I'm sure you can Randi!

    ReplyDelete