Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 6 Prior Lake, Minnesota


 

Friends and Family!!

 

It’s been another great week in the MMM.  Heavenly Father has so answered my prayers and has blessed us with some warmer weather and it has been great!! Sister Reber and I have been doing a lot of walking..its so great! I really like walking cause we can talk to more people that way, since the weather has been warmer people are starting to spend some time outside their houses..and it helps us cause it’s so much easier to talk to people as you walking by then to knocking on their door.  The snow is starting to melt and its weird to see grass, and all the other crap that people have in their yards here...like lawn ornaments and what not that have been buried for the winter.  I have retired my black strait coat for the spring/summer and I feel like I've lost 5 pounds!! it’s great, who would have thought that that coat weighted so much.  Now, I'm looking forward to the day that I can retire my boots...that will be a great day!! I miss being able to switch up my shoes and have cute ones that match what I'm wearing.  One day...one day.

Our investigators are doing great. We had a good week, full of great lessons and experiences!! On Tuesday we were able to go to the temple and help clean the chandeliers...they are so simple when you look at them really close.  We took a BIG one apart and cleaned each crystal..it was awesome! I love the feeling that is in the temple-even when everything was being pulled apart and there was paint, latters, hammers, and all kinds of tools spread all over...it reminded me of when Stu would be building and have all his crap out...But none the less the spirit that fills the temple was the same and it was fun.  Wednesday was our last district meeting of the transfer..it was funny to hear all the elders predict what they thought would happen for transfers and who was in and who was OUT! They are so crazy!  And it’s all good Sister Reber and I will be together for another transfer!  The elders all made curry and we have to be the taste testers and at first I was not so sure about that idea cause who knows what they put into their dishes..but it was not that bad...that's right! I manned up and ate some curry that elders cooked! No worries I’m still alive and so is my tummy!

Thursday was a BUSY day packed with lessons! We taught pretty much everyone! I kinda felt like we are running all around the town cause we had to drive from one spot to the other and back.  We were finally able to get in with our referral named Sister M.  She is awesome and Sister Reber and I are SO excited to teach her.  She told us about how her friend who lives out of state just got baptized and how she has this light about her that was not there before...she told us that she wants that same light in herself..she is just ready to do whatever we ask her to do!! We taught her the restoration and about the Book of Mormon.  It was great! She was super excited about it! I'm super excited to work with her!

Saturday, we had Sister Clements (the mission president’s wife) come teaching with us..we taught a less active and her boyfriend. I was so scared!!! Like when I was trying to explain prophets I couldn't think strait cause she was sitting right next to me and I didn't want to say the wrong thing..but in the end it turned out to be a great lesson and the spirit was totally there.  It is awesome to see how by reading out of the Book of Mormon can really invite the spirit into the room! I love using the Book of Mormon while teaching....it is such a great book! It has been such a blessing in my life.  Truly it has helped me know my Savoir and what I need to do to follow him.  I'm so grateful to be able to share the love I have for it with others.

On Sunday night we went to president's fireside..and it was so awesome!!!  We told our investigator Sister W (we had invited Sister M too but she had to work a double shift so she couldn't..we were all really sad about this..) But it was fun to watch Sister W's face as each speaker spoke.  She totally felt the spirit and kept saying that here was such a great energy about this place..we told her that it was the holy ghost and that the gospel was true..we also showed her around the building and I think that because of how she felt at the fireside we can get her to come to church! It will be great!  So, cool story..after the meeting we were in the gym eating cookies when the Elders serving in the Andover area (my first area) stopped me..they asked if I remember a Brother G..I had to think about that for a minute cause to be honest the name sounded familiar but I couldn't put a face to it.  They started to tell me about a guy who was kinda crazy and Sister Szabo and I had stopped to talk to him one day while we were riding our bikes...then I placed it!! I know who they were talking about..Well, they told me that he had just gotten baptized!!! He had read the Book of Mormon and it had Healed him!!! Like he was not crazy anymore, but totally awesome and had such a strong testimony!  They told me that he always talks about the two girls who stopped on their bike, talked to him, gave him a card (a Mormon.org card), and said a prayer with him.  It was so cool to hear that!! It strengthened my testimony that you never know just what impact you will have on a person and how important it is to TALK to EVERYONE!!! That is why we do that! You never know when you will run into a Brother G. 

Well, I hope that you all have a good week!! Thanks for all the love and support!! PS! the other day I got some letters that people had sent me like a month ago that got lost during transfers..so sorry if I asked the same questions or didn't reply..I just got them!!!

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment