Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 7 Prior Lake, Minnesota

I made green Oreos for St. patties day!

one of our investigators went to the Imagine Dragons
 concert in St. Paul and got us t-shirts!

we found a bracelet that said JESUS on it in a laundry mat

Friends and Family!!

It has been a pretty good week in Prior Lake.  Sister Reber and I were super excited to be able to work together for another transfer!  We are hoping to keep the high energy up and knock out another great 6 weeks!  We hope to have even more crazy adventures this transfer!  This week has been great! Since it was St. Patrick's day on Monday we ate A LOT of cabbage and corn-beef..this was a new experience for me cause I’ve never had it before, but it was pretty good.  

A highlight of the week was teaching our investigator Sister K.  We have had some really great lessons with her the past couple of times we have been over there and it has been awesome to watch as things started to click for the first time..she has been investigating for years and has been kind of a roller-coaster investigator where she will progress and then she will just stop and want nothing really to do with it.  Last week we started with the restoration again and talked about the book of Mormon and why it was so important in coming to know if the church was true or not.  When we went back on Wednesday, she said that she had lots of questions for us and I’m not gunna lie, that totally scared me.  However, when she started to ask us the question it was awesome to see that the lesson we had prepared totally answered all her questions!! We had even had a diagram that we put together!!! The spirit totally prompting us!!! It was so cool!  I''m so looking forward to go back to teach her tomorrow!! It should be sweet!

I went on exchanges this week with the North field sisters and that was fun...I was in Lakeville again and it was cool to teach some of the same people again...But no worries this time guys!!! I was able to keep the WOW! hahah!  We has an awesome experience while finding though...so I had picked a street for us to knock the night before and so we went there and the first couple house we knocked no one answered..but on the 4th house we knocked a lady came to the door...we started talking to her and come to find out, she had been going through a really hard time in her life and earlier that day she was washing dishes and just asked God to send her help...and what do you know, we come knocking at her door a couple hours later! We were able to teach her about the Book of Mormon and about the restoration..it was so cool to see the light that come to her eyes as we talked about how she could find peace and hope from reading its pages...it was such a cool experience! Sorry, my words just cannot describe the feeling I had while we were standing on her door step. It was cool that the spirit had totally told us where we needed to go.  Exchanges are fun, but it’s nice to be able to work with your companion again and in your area again. 

On Saturday for dinner we were over at a lady in our wards house who is from Asia..and she feed us some Thai food...it was different..and HOLY CRAP it was spicy!!! Like not in the good kind of way..like the burn the crap out of your lips and face kind of way...I looked over at sister Reber after we had taken a bite of this salad (it was like this shredded-cabbage that was jacked up with all kinds of Asian sauces then wrapped in a big piece of lettuce) and her face was redder then a fire truck! It was so funny!!! I know that it was heavenly father helping me get through that meal..I would not have been able to handle it otherwise..not just on the spice level but on the taste level too...I’m not a Thai fan..it’s a good thing that I’m serving in the states and only have to eat crazy food every once and a while, not every day!!

We had a really fun FHE last night with an investigator Sister G and a family in our ward...we watched an 80s movie that made me want to laugh out loud! I'm so grateful to have not lived during the 80s cause the clothes and hair styles were just not that great!! Now, I know what most of yall are gunna say: "They have totally come back" But here is the thing...the ideas and concepts may have come back but they are done in an updated way...and that is all I have to say about that....but ya, during the movie it was so hard not to laugh and kill the spirit. Although it was super outdated and the acting was so funny, the message was awesome and totally still the same we share with people today.  It was about the Plan of Salvation and how we can be with our families forever...funny how fitting that is with what has happened in my family this weekend. WEIRD how the spirit works! But the FHE was fun and I think that everyone had a great time :) 

Well, I hope that everyone has a great week and thanks for all the love and support!!   

PS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUUUUUUIEEEEEEEE!   

 

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment