Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 8 Prior Lake, Minnesota


Friends and Family!!

It’s been another great week in Prior Lake...Big news!! Sister Reber and I were able to walk outside without all our layers on!!! That’s right; it was warm enough to go tights free!!! The only down side to this is that everyone got to experience the blinding whiteness of Sister Hulet's legs!!! They have not seen the sun in like 6 months!!! It’s kind of a problem! It was like 50* here on Sunday and everyone was breaking out of their hibernation to enjoy it!  I wish that the warm weather would last, but we woke up to wind and rain this morning :( Not coolbeans!)

This week, Heavenly Father blessed us with so many miracles; I don't even know where to begin.  On Thursday night, Sister Reber and I were doing nightly planning and when we looked at our numbers for the week, I was not ok! Although, we had a great week so far of teaching, we had done little to no finding..and that is a problem...in my head I was freaking out cause on friday when our district leader would call for mid-week report..we would have low numbers and it drives me crazy when we get lectured about it.  I knew we had to pray for a miracle or two and fast! Heavenly Father totally inspired us because on Friday night we met some really awesome people.  One was a boy named Z.  He had just gotten home from the funeral of a really close friend who ended his life...he was feeling really down and depressed..We were able to share some of the peace and hope that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ has brought us in our lives.  It was really cool to be able to share my testimony with him.  After that we started to walk home because we were kinda far from it and it was getting dark...on our way up the street, I told Sister Reber that we should stop by a potential we found a couple of weeks before...his name is G and he was home and we were able to talk to him too and scheduled a time to come back to talk to him and his wife.  I had never in the 7ish weeks serving in Prior Lake been able to teach 2 restorations in one day!! It was a MIRACLE! We did go back and talk to G and his wife on Sunday evening and it was awesome! The spirit that was in the lesson was really peaceful..When we walked in G told us that the day before he got a call from home that his father had passed away!! Again Sister Reber and I were able to share the message that families can be together forever because of the Restoration...it made me smile because now twice I was able to testify of what I know is true and be able to find peace in that message myself...one thing I have noticed this week is that heavenly father gives me challenges at specific times so that I could testify to others and be able to really understand what they are feeling and going through.  I find it crazy that each time I’m faced with a challenge, I find someone else who is facing that same challenge or something close to it..WEIRD! hahaha!

So, on Tuesday we had dinner with an older couple in our ward.  They took us to the taco bell and I got a great education there.  The first lesson I learned is that heavenly father truly blesses missionaries in ALL phases of the work....you see, to get to the taco bell, we had to get in the car with this older women..who doesn't drive that often and it was kinda scary.  I was maybe freaking out just a little as she drove..the thought totally came to me that I might just die here and now as she turned super sharp and when kinda fast. I honestly don't know the words that would best describe our drive to the taco bell...the second lesson I learned is that tacos and sister Hulet don't really get along...I have NO idea how in the world I ate the food, but the really question is how in the world my body was able to keep it down?!? To this day I don't know, but I will not test it AGAIN!! I'm done eating at the taco bell!!

Saturday night was the women's broadcast and it was so good!! I thought it was cool how I could connect the dots between what was shared 6 months ago and this time...I felt that the message built on each other and they both had to do with keep our covenants, both baptism and temple, and how we will be blessed as we do so.  The speakers were great and the spirit was so strong..I really liked all the videos that they shared..I thought that was really neat and helped keep us into it...but what was the best part of the whole thing, we were able to get one of our investigators to come and she brought her daughter along with!  I was so excited to see them there and that they would come together.  I thought that it was cool for them to see all the mothers and daughters that were there and to feel the love and hope that was there.  I thought that because it was my second woman's broadcast away from home it wouldn't bother me to not be there with my mom..but it was not any easier! However, seeing our investigator there with her daughter was so worth it!!! My favorite part was the movie that showed our journey along the path we walk as we make and keep our covenants..it was a good one!

Well, that’s all I can think of the tell yall about my week..so I hope that yall have a great week!!! Thanks for all the love and support!   

 

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment