Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 13 Prior Lake, Minnesota

Me and my new! Toothbrush!! it’s so coolbeans YO!

Sister Reber and I saying bye to sister Toni

Friends a Family!!

What a week in the MMM! Crazy how time seems to be flying by!! I freaks me out that its already May! So, this week will be my "HUMP DAY" and its weird to think that i'm half way done!!! I dont think i've been out that long!!  I hope that the second half is just as awesome as the first! I will keep my fingers crossed :) 

I NEVER thought in a million years that 50* would feel so great, but holy cow!! its finely starting to feel like spring here.  Because to the buckets of rain we got over the last couple of days and days and more days its greening up and the trees are starting to bud! Not to mention the boats that are on the lake and the fishers are out JACK! It makes me laugh cause I’m sure that yall have been boating for months now! I told sister reber that summer is a coming!! We are gunna crack out the bikes this week! I never thought this weather would come!! It makes me so happy to see the sun again and to feel the warmth! I just love it!

We had an excited week of teaching and finding.  We started the week in Lakeville with sister Hyland. Her companion, sister Toni was going home so we had to "baby-sit" until her new companion came on Wednesday. We did a lot of finding! I’m not sure that I really like being in a tri-companionship because it freaks people out when they open the door and 3 girls have them cornered in their doorway!  I think I’m good to just stick with two of us! But none the less we had fun together! 

We had some awesome miracles this week! Our investigator sister w come to church!!!!! Never thought that would happen so soon!! Since day one she has always told us that she will not come to church or get baptized....I of course took that as a challenge and what do you know..she came to church.  Now, I’m not saying in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM that I had anything to do with it...it was the spirit that did all the work, all sister reber and I did was keep inviting and being our sweet selves! She has taught me that we never give up on our invites, no matter how many it takes! I know that as we follow the spirit, we will be able to touch people’s hearts! Every lesson we have with sister W is led by the spirit and it’s so cool that she every can see that! She says that out of all the religious people she meets with, in our lessons she feels a different energy and always gets her questions answered! it’s totally only a matter of time until she accepts the baptism invite! and I cannot wait for that day!  

We found this sweet lady yesterday! it was totally cool! Sister Reber and I come home after dinner and because of time, we knocked in the apartments down the street from our house.  we were walking up these wooden stairs and I'm not gunna lie, I was nervous that I would brake one of the steps! it was really old and kinda creepy!! up at the top we met CC.   She is a single mom, who didn't so hope.  As sister Reber and I talked to her, it was cool to see how the light in her eyes got just a little brighter..as I shared the Joseph Smith story with her, I knew that this is what she needs right now.  We are going back this week and I'm super excited, I hope that we can help her feel the spirit and so she can learn that this is what will truly help her and her kids most right now.  I love how the gospel can change our lives as we are willing to let the spirit into our hearts.

So, last week I wrote that we got a referral..so all week we tried and tried again to contact her, but had no luck..so we will give it another go this week and I will let you know how it goes!

We had a fun lesson with Brother and Sister B this week! Before I say about the lesson, I just  have to say that I totally love them!! they are so funny and cute together!! I want to be like them when I grow up!  We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, Enduring to the End). We used the old school Mario video game as our inspiration! it was totally cool! We found Mario fruit snacks, which was a good snack during the lesson! Brother B thought it was awesome and said that he loves how we will teach gospel concepts in new ways!  What we didn't tell him is that it takes us forever and a day to think of new and fun ways to teach him the gospel! I have NO IDEA what we are going to do this week...if anyone has cool object lessons...PLEASE feel free to send them my way!! THANKS!!! 

On more of a sad note, this week we also helped sister B pack her mom’s apartment up because she will have to move to a nursing home.  Hearing all the drama there brings back the CRAZY memories of moving my great grandma!! Fun how those traumatic experiences come back!!! hahahahahaha! No, but it’s still super sad and it makes me NERVOUS that I may have to do that in the VERY DISTENT future...as my mom would say: SPARE ME THE DRAMA!!!  

So, finding...you never know who your gunna meet when you knock on random doors! We met this really nice kid named MW.  Here's the thing, yall know those super smart people, who when they speak it totally just goes WAY over your head and makes you feel like the inside of your head is a tunnel...well that is MW.  He is so smart! it’s almost gross!!! When we knocked on his door, we asked him if he was a student and he said that he was a Bio major....Well, I was a bio major before I left so, like an idiot I said coolbeans me too! Well, I asked he what he wanted to be when he grow up and what came out if his mouth next....ummmmm...i really have no idea what he said..for all I know it could have been GERMAN! The rest of that conversation was so over my head! Somehow, we were able to change the subject to religion and I thought now I would be able to you keep up, but...aaaahhhhhh...I think all I did was let my blondness SHOW! like hard-core!!! As we walked back to our car all I knew was that we were going back this week..and it’s gunna be an adventure cause I have no idea what he says!!! sometimes I dislike smart people! 

so I really don't know what more to say..so...ummmm hope yall have a great week and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

PICTURES: 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment