Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 12 Prior Lake, Minnesota



 



Friends and Family!!!

It has been some REALLY rainy days in Minnesota!! how crap! I never knew so much water could come out of the sky at one time!!! it has been crazy and word on the street is that its not gunna stop until later this week! Sister Reber and I are kinda freaking out in our minds cause it’s the end of the month and we are low on miles again, go figure! hahahaha!!! you think that I could budget miles like I do money but it’s not working out to well!!! haha! Well, I'm happy to report that Sister Reber and I are together for another transfer...I hope that Sister Reber will be able to handle me for another 6 weeks...yes I have been praying for her!  Besides the rain, it has been a good week...and for the record, I like the rain, when I don't have to you know..be outside in it all the day long!

The highlight of the week was our trip to the temple! it was so good.   The spirit that is at the temple is like no other! I just LOVE IT!  it was fun to be there with a big group of missionaries.  Like over half the people there were missionaries! I got to catch up with some of my friends from the MTC, so that was really cool.  It was fun to hear how they have changed and all the cool experiences they have had.  I think that is one thing that I have come to love about my mission...is the personal change that happens to YOU!  I have learned far more then I think others have learned from me...its very humbling to think about it!  

Sister Reber and I have been teaching a lot, which is so awesome! Its really cool to see how much the area has grown since I have been here! We have been more busy then ever! Our investigators are moving right along and it’s fun to see how they are beginning to make changes to bring their lives closer to Christ.  I love watching people change, it’s so coolbeans! Our investigator Sister W is so sweet.  We were talking to her on Thursday after our lesson and she was telling us how grateful she was that she let us in her door all those weeks ago because she loves the "energy" that we bring.  It was funny to hear what her thoughts were about that day. She told us that she had no idea why she was letting us in her home, but she just felt like she should..she then said that it was the best thing she did.  it was so humbling to then hear her say over and over " you girls, just don't know what you have done for me"  At that moment, I felt like I was in the right spot at the right time.  Sister W is so sweet and I feel so blessed to be serving her!

Sister K is doing great too.  We met with her this week and put together a baptism calendar.  She is get these big eyes whenever we talk about her baptism, it makes Sister Reber and I so excited! I cannot wait for her baptism, that will be such a great day for everyone, because she has been investigating for so long! But it just goes to show that everything happens in Heavenly Fathers time...we just need to make sure that we are setting a good example and never giving up on people.  She talks about all the people that have come teaching with the missionaries over the years and how nice they have all been, it was so fun when they all come up to her at church at welcomed her there..it made all the difference! I know that member missionary work is the key! the example of the members I've met out here make me want to do better when I get home :)

So, Monday was district pday and it was a lot of fun.  We all met at the church and played volleyball and ultimate Frisbee...it was so much fun!!! I love to play Frisbee! it was so funny to watch the Elders get into it and even funnier to watch them try and get their Frisbees out of the trees!!! Volleyball was fun too! Not gunna lie, I'm getting better at that sport and so St. George better watch out when I get home :) 

So, Sister Reber and I have this new pet! its a pink peep named weeeellll, we have not got a name for him yet so....I we will just call him who shall not be named at this time..but I have a picture of him! and the other picture is of me and my wand that I told yall about last week..if you don't remember: last week I found my wand! its 12 inches and made of dragon-heart string!!! and the last picture is of me with blue lips..Sister Rebers family has a thing where each year at easter they get blue candy eggs and use it as lip-stick and take pictures!!! No worries mom, Sister Reber wouldn't let me knock doors with it on..But I really wanted too!

 



--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 
a

No comments:

Post a Comment