Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 21 Prior Lake, Minnesota




Friends and family!!

 It has been a crazy weird week in Prior Lake, I honesty don't know how to describe it....you know when you just have a weird week, like you just think the whole time: "this is not my life" well, that’s been my week, in a good way! The water levels are so high..roads are closed and I had one of the 10,000 lakes in my shoes! it’s been awesome!

 Monday!

Monday was our pday! I got to go get my hair did, it looks so much better! holy cow!!  Sister Pead laughed cause there was enough hair on the floor to make a small dog! its blonder again and I look more myself...its been awesome! We also went over to one of our investigators homes and helped her do some cleaning. that was fun...then we had dinner and went back to work.  We met with sister W and had a great lesson on Faith.  We watch a mormon message and the spirit was really strong.  We had one of the young women with us, which is always fun.  I like taking the youth with us because they have the best insights when it comes to the gospel.  

 Tuesday!

Tuesday was our last training with President and Sister Clements....there was a really serious feeling in the room...we closed the meeting with the song: God be with you until we meet again...it was really sad.  I'm going to miss them, yet I’m super excited to work with President and Sister Forbes.  The Clements took pictures with all of us and so I will send one with this email.  I don't know what it is about training that make the rest of the week feel off, but from Tuesday on my week as felt off...its been weird!

 Wednesday! 

Wednesday, we did some service over at the C families house..sister C made us breakfast and then we pulled weeds and did some yard work. After we worked, sister pead and I had to show the girls how to do flips on the tramp...the cutest part was the smallest c girl tried to do one and it was the cutest little thing! I wish I would of had my camera! they are so fabulous!! 

 Thursday!

So here is the thing....it’s the end of the month and we have like NO miles!! And we have a dinner/lesson in shakopee..so what do sister pead and I do...we hop on our bikes and bike all the flilp there! because of all the biking we have been doing, it didn't take as long as we thought, but I can still feel it in my legs! we had a awesome lesson with brother and sister B.  We ate first, we had pizza..never in my life have I liked pizza as much as I have on my mission! Sister pead and I joke that when you on a mission all your taste-buds are gone! cause we eat EVERYTHING! hahaha, but the pizza was really good, so ya.  Our lesson was on the word of wisdom.  We made some awesome visuals, brother b thought they were pretty funny! we had him feed "bob" all the good food (we made a envelope thing and brother b was able to put the food in bobs mouth) and throw all the bad food in the trash(again there was an envelope thing and brother b was able to throw the food in the top of the trash).  It was really cute and would be perfect for teaching little kids! 

Friday! 

On friday, we went out to dinner with our investigator sister W..she took us out for my birthday! it was so sweet of her..we went to a place just down the street from our house, and it was really good! After lunch we did some gardening for her...we were moving plants from one area in her yard to another...I was the runner and sister pead was the digger-outer.  I was running up the hill to take the plant to sister W, when sister pead called my name..I ran down to her to see why she was freaking out..this is what happened-

sister pead: sister hulet! look!! 

sister hulet: what?

sister pead: what does that look like to you?(pointing to a random plant in the  flower garden)

sister hulet: What the heck! (counts the five leaves) MARIJUANA!  

                  ummmm..sister w!

 sister w: what?

 sister hulet: do you know what you are growing...we talked about the word of wisdom and I though you understood that marijuana was included in that....

 sister w: WHAT! (looks at plant)

              hahahah! thats not marijuana! 

 sister hulet: (smells plant)  your right! my bad! hahahaha

 sister w: (smiles and walks back up the hill)

 sister hulet and pead: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 so, we didn't find weed, but it was really funny! I picked the plant and totally taped in my journal!

 Later that night, we went back to sister W and had a lesson with sister K. the spirit was so strong! we sang the song: teach me to walk in the light. and she loved it! she just cried and said that is what we all want to do...walk in his light! We read 3 nephi 18: 24 and talked about how we can "hold up his light"  it was awesome!! I have never felt the spirit in a heavy way before...this time it was like a weight was on my chest...

Saturday! 

It was my birthday! and one I will not forget! we had a baptism-one of the elders investigators-all his family was baptized a couple of months ago and he wanted to know for himself before he got dunked....it was a lot of fun! then after the baptism, his family and another recent convert family took sister pead and I out for lunch! it was awesome!!!  we went to chills, I had hot wings! they were so good!!  after that it was dinner time and so sister pead and I rode our bikes..we got like 1 mile from our apartment and the RAINS cane down!!! by the time we got to dinner we were so wet, if we rang out our clothes we could fill a small swimming pool! the members just laughed and laughed! they thought it was so funny! Of course the rains stopped during dinner and once we got back on our bikes, it came again! we got some awesome videos of us riding through the flooding zone and then we went and helped people fill sand-bags..that was fun! They looked at us like we were crazy to be in skirts!   PS! all my stuff that was in my bag got so wet and now smells like FISH! its GREAT!! 

All in all it was a great birhtday and one I will never forget! I have never ate so much! thanks to all who send me cards and stuff! they were awesome!! 

Sunday!

yall know the saying: sunday is a day of rest, what NO serving a mission! I don't know why, but sundays are always the longest and stressful days of the week! we had church and the gospel principles teacher was not here, so sister pead and I taught the lesson...it was ok.....i hate winging it because it makes me so nervous! I never know what to say..thank heavens for companions! sister pead rocked it!! it helped that she taught that lesson in her last area! haha!! Sunday night we had a teaching evaluation with a less active in our ward..it was really good! the spirit was there!! its really cool how different each restoration lesson is...we cover the same points, yet each are so different! 

 
during sacrament meeting I was thinking about the past 12 months and what has happened since i've been in Minnesota and a scripture popped into my head: moroni 7:2 it talks about the gift of a mission that heavenly father has given me....im so grateful for all I have learned and experienced...it has not been easy, but it has been so worth it! i'm super excited to get to know the Forbes better, its going to be different! I met them on saturday they came to the baptism in our ward and sister Forbes told "selfies" of us, the elders and president and her! it was so funny!! President Forbes was like: can we do that?? and Sister Forbes said: why not??? they are our missionaries and i'm gunna send the pic to our sons! it was funny!! the elders texted us latter that day and asked if we had ever taken a "selfie" with sister clements....we said no....

But ya..that was my week! Thanks for all the love and support! 

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment