Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 6 Andover, Minnesota


In one of our dinner appointments the little boy could make
balloon animals..we all know how much I love balloons!

My district!

We went to a farmers market and I bought this
cute little watermelon and it was good!!


HOOT! HOOT! it’s been another great week! Today we got the letter about transfers! Can you believe I've been in Minnesota for one transfer!!! Crazy stuff!! But no worries, I’m staying in Andover with my trainer Sister Szabo! POSITIVE! This past week has been good and have had tons for cool experiences! Like I said last week, last Monday was District Pday, so we spent the whole day with our district.  When we met at the church Elder Smith said that District Pday was a normal pday, but this week they could invite the Sisters to be in on all the Fun! haha! After we emailed home we went back to the church and had a marsh mellow gun war! It was so much fun! We played capture the flag! We didn't factor in the fact that cleaning smashed marsh mellows off the gym floor would take forever! Next time we will have to do that outside! Right after that Sister Szabo and I had a dinner appointment and a lesson with our investigator..it was good.  We invited her to come to all the events we had this weekend-baptism of a family in our district and the RS broadcast-she said she would have to think about it.  She did end up coming to all of them!! The baptism this weekend was a family that was found by one of the Elders in our district.  They shared their testimonies after and it was great...I’m glad that Sister M (our investigator) was able to come to that.  It was awesome!! Sister M also said she wanted to get to the RS broadcast with us.  So that was cool! She said she really liked President Monson's talk on Prayer.  I'm glad she was able to come and feel the spirit!  

 One of the crazy things that happened this week was a lesson we had on Thursday with a guy named Brother G...we have taught him a couple of times before and this time we brought a girl with us from the ward who is thinking about going on a mission..and let me tell ya if she still was to serve after this lesson it will be a miracle! The night started with us saying a prayer in the car..in the middle of the prayer we hear a tap on the window..we all looked up and saw this guy standing by the door...we rolled down the window and he asked us if we were lost and needed help..we told him we were just going to visiting his neighbor and then he just walked away..we laughed and then continued with the prayer.  Once we got into the house we were welcomed with the sound of dogs..and yes wen Brother G opened the door the dogs ran right up to us and had to sniff and lick us! GROSS!! But it didn't stop there, when we sat down the dogs totally jumped all over my lap!! I was freaking out!! They were big (like a little bigger than our dog Korver) and where sitting on me and licking me I was having a freak out and Brother G just sat like nothing was wrong..Good thing the only sound that came out of my mouth was laughter! But Sister Szabo pretty much laughed to death..she thought it was so funny..the dogs finally backed the HECK off and we started the lesson..Brother G couldn't stay on one topic..he kept bringing up the fact that we ate pork and it says in the bible that we shouldn't eat it! and we were not even talking about pork!! We were talking about the First Vision!! How he would think about pork from that is beyond me.  During the lessons the dogs would walk back over to me and lick my legs..I had dog spit all over and into my shoes!!! It was SOOO gross I had to like clean my shoes when I got home!  We asked the girl we brought how she liked it and she said that it was good to see what everyday mission lessons were like and not just the super good ones that normal missionaries take their members too! My mouth hit the floor!!! If I were her, I would have said that I was going home to rethink a mission! But I guess we need those types of lessons to laugh about! I will not forget it and I hope to be able to laugh about it like sister szabo did it the future

 I'm so grateful for the members who feed us in the ward! They are so sweet to have us over! However 85% of our dinner appointments we have been fed tacos or soup and we all know how much I love tacos and soup...it was okay the first couple of times, but I don't know how much more I can take! I’m going to have to pray for help if we walking dinner tomorrow and see tacos and soup on the table! haha! it’s not that bad, but I’m just not a fan!  

 One of the greatest miracles this week was found in a package my family sent me....you see this week we only had two dinner appointments (and yes we had soup and tacos no worries there) and the rest we would pack a dinner and eat on the go...our favorite dinner on the go is a peanut-butter and honey sandwich with bananas.  On Monday we forgot to buy more peanut-butter..and by Thursday we were out..that night I got my package and inside was a big jar of peanut-butter! Now, peanut-butter is not one of my favorite foods and so the fact that my mom and dad would sent me some can only be explained as inspiration! (Sorry I don't know how to spell that word and we don't have spell check!)  Also I asked mom and dad to send me some cds because we have been listening to the same one for like the past 5 weeks and the first cd I pulled out was that same cd! We laughed and laughed it was great! Thanks mom and dad for the package it brought us some much joy!! 

 Overall, it was a great week! Thanks for all the Love and support!

Love!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment