Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 3 Austin, Minnesota

The sweet turkey I helped wrap in BACON!

Thanksgiving with a member and her
non-member family and friends

My sweet Christmas sweater that I totally
wore the day after thanksgiving!
Shower Before

Shower After

Friends and Family!!

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving..mine was great! It was our pday so we were able to hang out with ward members and spend the day relaxing-if that were even possible!! But this week has been great! I've seen so many Miracles and don't know where to start! On Wednesday I had a testimony builder. We were knocking doors and knocking into a Spanish man...for those who don't know, I’m serving in a zebra area-which means that my companion is Spanish speaking and I’m English speaking, so she starting talking to him in Spanish.  Then all of the sudden I felt this overwhelming peace and clam feeling that the spirit brings and I know she was teaching him about the Restoration.  The spirit was so strong and although I had no idea what she was saying I knew it was true..I love that the spirit can testify of truth even when we don't understand what is being said! It was awesome!

Like I said, thanksgiving was our pday for the week and we went to 3 different members’ homes for thanksgiving dinner..the food was great, but nothing like home! At one members home I got to help prepare the turkey and YES I got to wrap it in bacon(see picture)! It was good..inside the turkey was a chicken and stuffing! it was good, but kinda dry.  We also cleaned our apartment and it pretty much made my day because it honestly looked like it had not had a good cleaning in months!!

Another spiritual experience was when we got home from a hard day of working and Sister Wiggins couldn't find her planner anywhere..we looked all over our apartment and in the car and it was nowhere to be found..so we said a prayer then walked back out to the car to see if maybe we had missed it..and it wasn't there.  So I told her not to worry and that we would find it, but in the mean time lets sit down and plan for the next day.  we sat down at the bar and I went to move her gloves and under her gloves was her planner!! It was so not there when we looked the first time! It was crazy! It made me think how much Heavenly Father is really in the details of our lives and cares about the small things! Pray is great!! so don't forget to pray!

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time while on my mission and it was the fastest I’ve ever read it! It was so happy!! So, each time I read it cover to cover I pray and ask if it’s true and I got an answer! We were teaching a lesson and I was testifying to our investigator about how the Book of Mormon is true and the spirit came over me and I know that it was telling me that it was really true! It was awesome that while I was testifying to her, the spirit was also testifying to me! the Book of Mormon is TRUE and don't let anyone tell you different!

Again this week, we have been doing more finding to build our teaching pool and we have met A LOT of Africans..they are so hard to understand, but have such a strong testimony of God already..they are so humble and I feel like they are here to teach me, not for me to teach them! We met two new investigators, who both come to church! it was great!! 

So, my embarrassing can't hold a candlestick to last week, but lets be for real..what can! hahaha!! but I had yet another one this week! so we were getting out of the car to go into an appointment and I was getting in the backseat to get me scriptures when I pushed the panic button on the car and the horn started going off..and people were looking out there window to see what was going on..it was really embarrassing! my companion was laughing! 

Sister Wiggins and I have become great friends! it’s awesome! We have so much fun together and it just makes me so happy! she is such a great example to me and has such a strong testimony of the gospel! I’m so grateful to be able to learn from her each day and work with her! 

I love you all and thanks for all the LOVE and SUPPORT!! 

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment