Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 6 Austin, Minnesota




Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

 

Friends and Family!

I hope that everyone is having a great week! I know that I am! I cannot begin to tell you all about all the miracles that have been happening in Austin! Heavenly Father has blessed me and Sister Amis soooooo much! Speaking of Sister Amis, she is my new companion.  She is from Washington state and is a visa waiter, meaning that she wasn't called to Minnesota to serve, but is here until her visa to go to Brazil.  She is really awesome and I kinda hope her vista doesn't come! hahahahahahahah! Is that mean??? I don’t want her to leave me! But I know she is ready to leave the cold snow of Minnesota and get to warmer weather!

So, this week has been good, we have been so busy and the time flies by, it’s crazy! Saturday was awesome! we had a great lesson with our investigator Brother N. (He is the one that I had my little embarrassing moment with a couple of weeks ago) We taught the plan of salvation and at the end of the lesson he said that he had a question for us..then he asked how he could become a member of the church!!! I’m sure my smile was so big my eyes went ASIAN! It was really out of the blue, he has NEVER expressed much desire about wanted to join the church before! It was awesome!!! We are going back on Wednesday to meet with him and his new roommate and share a Christmas message so that should be good! 
We have been teaching more and more Africans, which is so awesome because they are so spiritual and humble people, the only issue I have with them is that I cannot fully understand them, which could be a problem! But they are such great people! On Sunday we taught a group of them and it was one of the best lessons ever! It seemed to flow perfect! The spirit was totally there and it was just great!
I need a refund on my brown hair because I had a serious blonde moment this week! We were in a lesson this week and we had a member, sister R with us. At the beginning of the lesson she lend over to me and asked if our investigator was Sudanese...I said back to her that he was not danseuses, he was African.  She smiled and closed her eyes and said that Sudan was in Africa! I felt really smart!  I guess no matter what color I change my hair to I will always be kinda blonde!

On Monday I got to walk on water! One of the lakes in town was frozen enough to walk on it and our member friend brother B (who was baptized my first week in Austin) took us out to walk on the lake! It was really cool! and there was even an ice fishing hut out there!!! I totally wish I could go ice fishing! Monday night we also had an early Christmas because sister Wiggins and I didn't think we would get transferred, so we got Christmas presents for each other..we both got each other harry potter t-shirts!!

well, I hope that everyone has a merry Christmas!! thanks for all your love and support!!  

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment