Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 4 Austin, Minnesota

bowling with the Rochester sisters!

so my grandma Shakespeare sent us a build-your own Santa
and I thought that I looked pretty sexy with the mustache!

getting ready to face the cold!

Friends and family!

How much I miss all of you! so, I’ve heard that southern Utah is experiencing some snow and let me tell ya: you will not be finding sympathy in me because I truly feel like yall got snow to understand what is happening here in the MMM.  Let me tell you that this morning when me and sister Wiggins went outside to shovel snow it was all of -2* outside and that is nothing compared to what we have experienced the past couple of days..they told us that with the wind-chill it was -20*! but it’s all good because we dress warm! and I wasn't all that cold :)
This past week we have been really busy and I think that it’s crazy the amount of time we haven't been in Austin as of late...Since sister Wiggins is a sister training leader, she has meetings to go to and we visit the other sisters in our zone! This week we were gone a lot!  On Sunday we had an awesome "missionary-style" road trip! We drove to Rochester on Sunday night to surprise the sister serving there! It was funny the look on their face when they opened their door and found us standing outside! We spent our Pday with them and had a party! We went bowling, but of course it was not normal bowling.  We had a beg of M&M and each turn we would pick a M&M and would bowl according to what color we picked...for some reason I would pick orange like every time..and orange was: we would have to spin around a bunch of times then bowl with our left hand! it was crazy..there were a couple of times where I almost bowled in the wrong lane, but my awesome companion helped me find our lane before I damaged someone else's score! 

On Tuesday we went to Bloomington because sister Wiggins had a leadership meeting, so I got to work with the Bloomington sister and a sister who is serving in St Paul.  We had a good time together.  the sister who is serving in Bloomington is new and had only been out 3ish weeks, I kinda felt bad because everything she had planned for us to do fell through! she had a lesson and a service project planned but it didn't happen! so we spent most of the day knocking doors! we were able to teach a couple of people and we got a couple return appointments for her and her companion! so that was totally awesome! 

This weekend sister Wiggins and I went to Rochester with some of our investigators for an activity the stake put on..each year they get 100s of different nativity sets from around the world and put them up for people to come and see. they also had a live nativity and musical numbers..it was pretty neat! we were able to go Friday and Saturday evenings, which was great! our investigators seemed to like it and the nativity sets cool..they had them from all different countries and it was neat to see how each countries looked! I love how they were all different, but had the same meaning and brought the same spirit..it was really cool!

Sunday we watched the Christmas devotional and it was great! I loved the music, maybe not what the choir was wearing, but the music was great!! I really liked Elder Nelsons talk and when the children sang the song: I’m trying to be like Jesus..it was cool beans! 

Well, today is district pday and the elders are ready to party so I hope that everyone has a good week and I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment