Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 7 Austin, Minnesota

Us on Christmas eve

Our tree

My Christmas presents!

It’s so freaking cold in MINNESOTA!

Friends and Family!!

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas!! I sure did!!! This Christmas was so awesome!! I feel so truly blessed to have been able to be in Austin for Christmas!! I love the spirit of missionary work during the holidays and I’m really sad it is over! To re-cap the events of the week(well, the most important ones anyway....):

On Christmas eve, we had one BUSY day!! I’m not even joking, I think that  it was one of the busiest days I have had while serving a mission.  We spent the evening with our recent convert Brother B and his family..who are so AWESOME!! we had a great time....they had us over for dinner and then we played games and they had even gotten us some presents!! they were too sweet to us!! i feel so blessed to know them! On Christmas we woke up and opened our presents and that was a lot of fun!! I would have to say that my favorite gift was wrapping homemade paper that had pictures of all the animals my little brother has killed..Stu sent me a notebook that he had written in each day since i have been gone..it made me cry!!!!!!! it was so sweet! I am so grateful him and MISS him!!!!! i LOVE you STU HU!! After presents we got ready and went over to a member’s house to eat breakfast and play games....we played some card games and then played some "hall hockey" it was really fun and i will for sure have to teach you all when i get home :) Then it was time for the BIG PHONE CALL to the family! We went over to a members home to Skype! it was so awesome to see my family..in my living room that still looks the same.  I'm not going to lie, but i thought that talking with my family would be hard and make me really homesick but i didn't! I totally think this is a HUGE blessing from Heavenly Father!

After talking to my family, we played games and just relaxed at the members home..we played Yahtzee and lets just say that i think i have met my match, if possible, when it comes to how competitive i get when playing any type of game..But no worries, i still won!!! But i though Bro C was going to flip his lid!! it was really funny to watch him get mad! it made me laugh both inside and out!!  Christmas night we had a lesson with our investigators Bro. N and Bro. P..it was a lot of fun..we went over to there home and watched a Christmas movie, and yes it was church-approved! then we had treats and just laughed and talked! I'm so glad we were able to spend part of our Christmas with them!!

On a more spiritual note, we are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission, and every time i read it, i get something new out of it!! it’s so crazy how different versus will stick out to you at different times in your life...I know that the Book of Mormon is true and is the guide for us in our day..I’m so grateful to be sharing it with the people her in MN!!

Thanks for all the Love and Support!! i love all yall and hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment