Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 11 Austin, Minnesota

when we went to the state line (Minnesota and Iowa)
I cannot remember if I sent this one home or not......

all the sisters serving in my zone with sister Clements!

this really funny sign I found! it made me laugh 



 

FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

I'm so grateful for pday!! it has been the week that never comes to an end! not going to lie, there were times where I thought I might just die, but Heavenly Father helped me to get through the week, and even sent miracles to help me each and every day!! Austin is great! I pretty much love it here and never want to leave!  the weather is FREAKING cold, but its all good in the hood or at least that’s what I keep telling myself! Sunday was really bad, my ward canceled church! The winds were a killer! Today (monday) school has been canceled and we are under semi-house arrest! we can go to the library to email, the store, and to appointments that have already been scheduled, but other then that we are to stay inside!

This week was Zone Conference and it was great! Our Zone Leaders gave a great training on working with less-active members and how to plan more effectively.  I learned a lot and plan on using some of the insights they gave up in Austin.  Our Sister Training Leader got to do a special "Sisters only" training and it was so good! We talked about individual worth and the spirit was so strong! I felt like it was just for me! I liked that we could talk more open without the Elders there...it was awesome!  President's training was super good to! His was on prayer and how we can have more meaningful prayers.  We studied the talks by Elder Bednar "Pray Always" and "Ask in Faith" it was super spiritual...He did it more of a question and answer style and I really liked it!

Really Random: but we are in emailing from the library and two computers down is this guy and he is making the weirdest commits about whatever it is he is looking at! Its all me and sister amis can to not to laugh! just so you all know...i really wish you could hear this right now!   

but on with Zone Conference..one funny moment happened  during Sister Clements training..she was throwing out oranges to all of us and she kept committing about how she is not very good at throwing oranges so us on the front rows should watch out..she got to my section of chairs and she said something to me while throwing an orange to the people be hide me..however when she looked at me she throw the orange right at my chest! it hurt so bad, but all I could do was laugh! it was so funny! She felt so bad!! I told her that next time I will wear a shirt with a target so she would have something to aim at!! I don't think she thought it was as funny as I did!

Our investigators are Golden! HOLY COW!!!!!!! we are working with people who have truly been prepared by the Lord to hear his gospel! Brother L is our investigator from Vietnam and truly amazing! He always has such great questions and has the strongest desire to learn about Christ!  He says that he wants us to come over every day so that he can learn as much as possible! It is so sweet! He is such a great missionary too! He always talks about teaching his friends and family back at home!

One miracle happened last night! We are getting out of dinner and all I wanted to do was go home..it was freaking cold and because of weather our car was grounded and we had to rely on members to drive us around and I just wanted to go home and call it a night! But I knew deep down that we needed to go work..so on our way over to an apartment building I prayed and asked Heavenly Father for help..i told him that I didn't want to go and knock doors and I had zero desire to be there so if he could just please help me find the strength to make it through the evening that would be great....so when we got to the apartments we knocked on a couple of doors and nothing....i was pretty much thinking in my head: how in the world am I going to get through this evening! then I told sister amis we should go and knock on a potential we found a couple of weeks ago..so we did and they let us in and we were able to teach them about the Restoration and we got a return appointment! BLESSING/TENDER MERCY!!!!  totally an answer to my prayers! then as we were waiting for our ride to get there we met this kid and I started to talk to him..he asked about what we did as missionaries and we told him about us and then we asked him what he was doing and he told us that he was getting ready to go to Chicago to audition for the TV show 'so..you think you can dance' ----ps totally made me think of watching that show with keairra and how she would talk about auditioning for it-------but then I asked him to show us if he really could dance...and just like that he turned on some beets and took of his coat and started to dance! he was pretty good, but the hole time  all I could think of was that we were watching some random kid dance in the walk-way of an apartment building......how freaking random can my life get right now?!?

Well! I hope that you all have a good week! THANKS for all the love and support!  

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment