Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week 8 Austin, Minnesota


Happy New Year!!

Friends and Family!!!

Holy cow!!! I cannot believe that it is the year 2014!!!!!!!!! It’s so crazy to me to think that we are already in a new year!! Time has gone by so fast! It’s also weird to me to think about what was happening a year ago around this same time! I never would have thought I would be in Minnesota on a mission!! I can't wrap my mind around this!

Today we got a text from the mission home that said that because of weather, we are NOT allowed to leave our apartment on Monday, so we are emailing and shopping today.  For those of you who don't check the Minnesota weather on a day to day basis may not know that it’s going to be around -60* with the wind chill!!!!!!! Needless to say that President Clements is putting us all under house arrest! I really want to know if this will include a ankle-bracelet!

This week has gone by so fast, I don't know where is should begin!

One miracle we had this week was on Monday afternoon, while we were stopping by some potentials.  None of them were home so we knocked the apartment building we were in.  No one answered the door and I was really to move on, but Sister Amis said that we will not leave until we have taught someone the Restoration.  We found ourselves on the bottom floor and had yet to have someone open the door.  Like on the floors before we starting knocking doors and finally a lady answered.  She was Catholic and didn't really want to talk to us about our faith, but we had a great conversation about God and how much he has blessed our lives.  We knocked on the last door and were turning to leave when a guy walked down the hall and stopped to talk to us.  We were able to share with him the Restoration and he said we could come back and talk again!! It was CRAZY!!! I totally believe that timing is everything! If we would have not talked to that catholic lady or knocking two floors of empty doors, we would have missed that guy and he never would have learned more about Jesus Christ and His restored gospel! Totally awesome! 

We celebrated the New Year in some serious style, let me tell you!  It all started with a morning at the Austin Laundry Mat were we did our laundry...our washing machine wouldn't start..it kinda made me mad, but what can you do?!?
We were there for what seemed like HOURS doing laundry that has not been done in Weeks! No joke it was like 10 bucks of Laundry!! Then we went home and had an afternoon of baking and writing letters!! I made oreos..let’s just say that my skills in the kitchen give Harry Potter a run for his money!  I have found that the delicious jams and jellies I crank out of our little Kitchen is great way to get people to listen to us!  Then we went and meet up with Bro. R in our ward to talk about the lesson he was going to be teaching with us! He is AWESOME!! I love it when he comes teaching with us because he loves to talk and pretty much brings the spirit! It was a great lesson! 

On Thursday we had a really fun night! Sister M, who is pretty much the greatest person in the world, set up volleyball at the church..we were able to go and even got some of our investigators there!! it was tons of fun! Bro. R asked me the night before to bring my game..I replied with that I would have to go find it first! Let’s just say that my talents are not it hitting a ball over a net and should stick to running...after Thursday night..everyone agrees!! But I felt like it was an awesome way to have fun with both ward members and investigators! So I hope we can do it again!!

I really don't know what more needs to be said.............so I hope that everyone has a good week!! Thanks for all the LOVE, PRAYERS, SUPPORT!!!!

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment