Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 9 Prior Lake, Minnesota



Friends and family!!

What a week it has been!! I feel like I was just sitting at the computer writing you last week! ha! funny how weeks can go by so fast! This week has been great! My testimony continues to be strengthened and increased each and every day!  We had our Zone training this week and it was really awesome.  Our zone leaders did their training on how we can use the book of Mormon to answer the everyday issues that people have.  It was really cool as we practiced this to see that it totally dose work.  One of the biggest objections that we face is that we believe that God still speaks to us through a living prophet.  As I studied the into page to the book of Mormon I loved what was stated in the last two paragraphs: it talks about as we read, ponder and pray we can come to know of the truthfulness of the book as well as the knowledge that Joseph Smith is a prophet called of God...how powerful is this!! As we come to know this then, we also know that since the time of Joseph Smith there has been a living prophet on the earth!! How coolbeans is this!! I know that it’s true and that the Book of Mormon is true! It is such a great book! I love it!!

We also taught some great lessons this week to our awesome investigators!! Heavenly Father has blessed Sister Reber and I with some amazing people to work with and to learn from! one lesson we had was with Sister M.  We were teaching the plan of salvation and we were telling her about the pre-earth life.  We testified to her that she was a daughter of God and that he loved her!! Her face lite up!!! She told us that she didn't know that before!! We totally share with her an idea that she had never heard before!!! it was crazy the feeling that came in the room! the spirit was there and totally testified to all of us that we truly are sons and daughters of a Loving Heavenly Father and that he loves each of us!

We also taught Sister K...we were talking about the book of Mormon and she was telling us about what she had been reading over the past week...it was cool to see how much she was learning and understanding..she told us about how before when she was investigating the church she would read and think that the book had to of been made up because it was so predictable..she then said that as she had been reading as of late, she felt that it was predictable because it was true..she said that as she has been reading, she is coming to think that the book is really from God and that it is true! BIG STEPS!! it was awesome to hear all that she is understands and the progress she is making!! Heavenly Father has totally prepared her to hear our message at THIS time.  Teaching her has totally been such a cool experience because I have learned so much from her.  She has taught me that timing is key when it comes to learning truth...heavenly father teaches us when we are ready and he will revel info as we diligently read, ponder and pray! We also did some service for sister K this week.  she has horse and we helped her brush them....this was something I had NEVER done before...I’m not really the animal type and I’m not gunna lie the hole time I kept thinking that the horse was gunna try to eat me! It didn't and I was able to learn how to brush the horse and clean its feet! Who would have thought that horses have so much HAIR!! by the time we were done you could have made like 3 sweaters out of the hair that covered the ground and ourselves!!!

General Conference was so awesome! I love the spirit of the meetings!! I love hearing the talks and I’m not gunna lie, I’m super excited to read them again! I think that is when I get the most out of conference is when I get the talks in my hand and I’ll be able to study them!  I loved President Monson's talk on Charity and how we all need to speak kind words to each other! I also love Elder Christofferson's talk on the Resurrection..it was super powerful and totally fitting this time of year! I also loved Elder Ballard's talk!! it was so RM like!! it makes me laugh to hear from past companions and others who have just gone home because they totally apply missionary talk to dating and what not and so hearing his talk about following up make me laugh cause it was so how RM's talk and think about things!! But ya! conference was great!!

So, it totally snowed again this week!! like a couple inches of snow...it’s like APRIL!!! What world do I live in where it snows in April...oh that’s right! I’m in Minnesota where it snows!! hahah you would think that I was used to it!!!

Well, thanks for all the love and support!! I love and miss you all!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment