Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 10 Prior Lake, Minnesota

this coolbeans bridge we found in the park 

enjoying the great weather! 




this was in someone’s side window thing that was by their garage!!!
We had to have a pic with it!!

Friends and Family!!!

It has been a busy week in Prior Lake, MN!! Crazy that it’s already Pday yet again!!! I hope that I can catch my breath before this week starts!! it’s gunna be another busy one with stuff planed every day!!  Sister Reber and I are shocked as we look at the progress that we have seen in the past couple of weeks!!! I know that heavenly father has blessed us and sent people for us to teach that are ready to accept and learn about the gospel...I can truly see how that the lord does his own work and uses us as the means to get that work done...no matter how imperfect we are!!! 

So, the weather this last week was AWESOME!! we were able to shed our leggings and jackets and get some much needed sun...I’m a little green with jealous rage at the moment seeing that sister Reber was able to get some color, and I’m still as white as before!! It may or may not have caused for some companionship tension, but we are talking it out and should be able to make amends!!  However, Mother Nature likes to remind me that I’m living in Minnesota at the moment and this week is going to be cold!! So it’s back to the leggings and jackets for another week of wind and possibility some rain :(  But the work must still go on!!

We had a serious miracle this week!! Sister K has been investigating the church for YEARS and has never come to church...however we made some progress this week and she came to Relief society!! It was awesome!!!! She is making great progress and it has been coolbeans to watch has the spirit has touched her heart, it makes me smile whenever I think about it! I love to hear her talk about all she learns in the book of Mormon! She reads it every day and you can see the light that has entered her life from it! That book is awesome! The book of Mormon is truly the way that we can come to know if the church is true or not..it’s the foundation and I know that as she continues to build on it, she will come to know this for herself, just as I have.  

We were able to take our investigator, Sister W, to see the Minnesota Mormon choral preform the Lamb of God...it was AMAZING!! Words cannot describe the feel that was there!! The spirit was so strong and the music was unreal..they did a great job! For those who don’t know: the Lamb of God is a collection of songs that tell the events of the last week of the Savior's life. It’s one of the only things we can listen to that is not a hymn!  Sister W loved it and the hole way home she kept going on and on about it and the "energy" that she felt there..it was really neat to see how it had impacted her.  

So, on Sunday we had dinner with the C family and every year they build a Lego-temple during general conference..this year they build the Idaho falls temple...the best part was when their 3 year old son was showing us this..he was telling us what everything was and when he got to the top of the temple he said, "this is magic Moroni!"  it was so cute...they had a yellow Lego-guy with a trumpet at the top..we laughed and laughed it was so funny! 

This week we were also able to do some service with Sister F..we is making a quilt for her step-daughter who is getting married in a couple of week, and so we went over and helped her iron all the strips and lay all the pieces out..it looked so cool!!! We also had ice cream and she likes to up cinnamon and sugar on top of vanilla..at first I didn't know how it would taste, but to my surprise it was pretty good....yall should try it!  But speaking of food! this week we ate more thai food! it was quite the experience!!! I have discovered that I’m not a big fan!! AT ALL!!! we had thai food two days in a row...on Friday we at pad-thai and it was not bad...not gunna lie, it was ok..not something I would want to have again, but it was ok..I was able to eat it and not think I was gunna die..however, on Saturday..it was a different story! Oh man, it was the LONGEST hour of my life....I kept looking over at sister Reber freaking out cause I just didn't know how in the world I was gunna eat the food..the lady we ate with seemed to just keep piling more and MORE on my plate...it was not good! and then she sent us home food...when we got to the car I told Sister Reber that she was CRAZY if she thought I was gunna eat anymore! I’m so grateful for the Atonement..yet again I’ve come to know that it's true!!!

Well, I really don't know what more to say! I’m grateful for all the love and support yall show me!! I hope yall have a great week!!!

 
--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment