Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 11 Prior Lake, Minnesota



Friends and Family!!!

I hope everyone had an awesome RREEAASSTER!! Mine was great! We spent Easter with the B family and it was a party.  We helped Sister B make all the food and it was sooooo good..I had to laugh cause we were making "cheesy hash browns" but they were really "funeral potatoes"! Of course this made me laugh and we had to talk about how every good Mormon has their own special way make them and they all somehow taste different.  Sister B's were really good and I’m gunna have to use her little trick with I get home to Jack-up my moms recipe!! We also had orange-glazed ham and veggies!! It was so good!! But the best part was the cake!! So, story about the cakes...Sister B wanted to make a fluffy Easter-bunny cake.  It had cream-cheese frosting with coconut on the outside.  However, her husband doesn’t like coconut and was very vocal about it, so she said that she would make him a "poop-bunny" cake! So we made just that! I thought she was just gunna stop with a brown-bunny..she put coco powder with the cream-cheese frosting to make it brown, but no, we made brown poop balls to put by the bunny out of peanut butter chips and chocolate frosting!! it was so funny!! No, worries I took pictures and will for sure send them!

We had a super spiritual week..our lessons were really intents this week cause they were packed with the spirit! Our first lesson was with Sister K and it was awesome....to be honest, I don't remember all that was said in the lesson or even what we talked about, but I remember the spirit that was there and it was powerful!!! it makes be tired to even think about it....By the end of the lesson we had a baptism date! It was so totally cool!! Who would have thought that she would be ready to get baptized!!! She also came to church on Sunday and every one was freaking out...Sister K has been investigating the church off and on for like the past 6ish years!!! She had never came to church before and everyone just kinda thought she was never gunna really commit to anything! So, its a really big deal...it just goes to show that no effort is ever wasted.  Sister K said that the experience that she had from before where important to making the choice to be baptized now.  It is just so totally wicked!

We also had a really neat lesson on Thursday night with our investigator Sister W.  The spirit was again super powerful as we talked about the Atonement and repentance.  Our joint teacher Sister K shared her testimony and that totally brought the spirit hard-core!!! It was so funny to see how she reacted! She looked kinda nervous, but when we told her that the feeling she was feeling was the holy ghost and that he was here to testify that what was being said was true, she like it and thought it was totally cool.  But you could tell that it kinda overwhelmed her:) After that lesson we were kinda sad cause our lesson after canceled, but I think that it was because Heavenly Father need us somewhere else.  We walked with our joint teacher back to her car..when we started talking..she really needed someone to talk to and it was cool to see how her and I totally could understand each other....i know that heavenly father puts us where he needs us so we can help his children.  It was coolbeans! 

So I have to have a serious NERD moment!! Sister Reber and I were walking the other day and I found my wizard wand!!!! Its 12 inches and made out of dragon-heart string!!! it’s just perfect and the Harry Potter movies are so true, the wand totally picks you, I’ve experienced this and KNOW that it is true!!!  hahahaha! I don't have a picture of it, but stay tuned cause i'm sure that one will be coming soon! No worries mom, I leave it at home when we go to lessons :) hahaha!! 

So, really coolbeans! as i'm typing this letter to yall, we totally got a mormon.org referral!! I will have to let yall know how that goes next week! I totally forgot to tell yall the other week! so, Sister Reber and I were walking to an appointment a few weeks ago and we found $5 frozen to the ground!!! Who knows how long that was under all the snow, but its cool to see what kinds of things are found were all the snow was piled up all winter! The weather has been great the last couple of days..yesturday we were able to walk around all day without our jackets!! it felt so nice to be able to feel heat when you stepped into the sun! I hope that the good weather stays, i'm tired of blinding people with my white legs as we walk down the street!!!  PS! if you have not seen the Because of Him video on mormon.org you should go and watch it..it’s so good!!! www.mormon.org/becauseofhim 

Well, I don't really know what more to write, I hope yall have a good week!! Thanks for all the love and support!!    

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment