Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 18 Prior Lake, Minnesota



Family and Friends!!

What a crazy week in the Minnesota!! It has been a mix of rain and hotness!! it’s like the weather cannot make up its mind!! One minute its hot and we feel like we might die and then the next it’s raining buckets! What world is this?!? Anyway, yall don't read this for the weather update, so this is my week..in a nutshell...I think...


Monday!

Monday we had District pday.  it was fun...we played Frisbee golf..oh my word..it was so funny!!! We had so much fun....my Frisbee golf skills are pretty much on the same level as my golf skills, but it didn't matter cause it was just so much fun to huck (if that is s really word.....) the Frisbee and see it land like 10 feet in front of me..for those who don't know that's not good :)! But I so want to give it another go, so I can add it to my list of SWEET SKILLS!! We also played some ultimate Frisbee and 3 step..it was fun! After that Sister Reber and I went to a catholic mass with one of our investigators...it was cool.  Sister Reber had never been to a mass before, so it was cool to get to go with her.

 
Tuesday!

Tuesday was a day of lessons.  We had lessons in the morning and lessons in the evening....I don't know why but Tuesday is like our busiest days!! it’s weird, but I will take it!!  Our first lesson was with sister K.  We talked about faith in Jesus Christ and how important our faith is.  I loved it because it didn't feel like a lesson, we just talked...Sister K has some great stories and it’s so cool to hear how she has gained her faith in Christ.  She is so awesome!! We met with her again on Thursday and set a new date for baptism so that is super exciting!! She is so ready!!

We also met with our less active sister S.  She is just the cutest little lady!! I want to bring her home in my purse, cause she would totally fit!! We talked more about the word of wisdom and what changes in her life she needs to think about making if she wants to go to the temple.  We had our ward mission leader come with us and it was awesome!! He is so great and always has the best commits.

We also met with sister W and again we had our lesson out on her deck overlooking prior lake...holy cow..I have a really hard time staying focused out there cause I really want to jump into the water...why I miss it so much I have no idea, but I just do!!

 Wednesday!

 Wednesday we had our last district meeting for the transfer and it was on planning and companionship study...it was really good stuff! My favorite would have to of been when the zone leaders did a role play for us of how not to have companion study...it was really funny! After dmeeting we had a lesson with our investigator sister SS.  It was good, we talked about faith and how our faith in Christ is part of our everyday life...we were planning on watching a movie with her, but ran out of time..we left her and the member came with us the challenge of reading Mosiah chapter 3 and thinking about how we can build up our faith, I'm excited to hear what she got from that!!

We also met with brother and sister b and it was awesome!! I just love them!! We watched the movie finding faith in Christ and it was really good!! my favorite part of the lesson was when brother B totally testified to himself what he needed to do to strengthen his faith..it was really coolbeans!

 
Thursday!

Thursday was a good day...we met with sister K again and with sister S again..it was good...i really don't know what else to say....it was kind of a slow day...but ya...

 
Friday!

Friday was weekly planning..i really like weekly planning cause we get to really focus and think about what we can do in the next week to help our investigators..it can be long some weeks, but I really like it.  We also did some serve for on of our investigators.  She is making a t-shirt quilt for her daughter, so we help cut out shirts and stuff..it was fun. 

 
Saturday!

Saturday we went to a baptism in our ward...the elders have been teaching a less active and his family and the part of the kids were baptized on Saturday.  it was a really great service and the kids were so happy! I just love baptism, the spirit is always so strong and it reminds me of why I'm out here...to help people come closer to Christ.

 
Sunday!

I love Sundays!! They are my favorite days, mostly because I like church and it’s even better when I don't have to teach gospel principles!! hahaha..i don't know why it makes me so NERVOUS, it full of the people I teach all week, but it just makes me nervous that's all...hahaha! but ya..we also had a really good lesson in RS about studying the scriptures.  I just love the scriptures!! they make me so happy!!

We also had dinner over at our investigators house sister K!! it was a miracle!! if you would have told me 5ish months ago that we would be eating at her table with her husband..i would have said: you crazy!! but it totally happened!! its so awesome to see how the gospel can change you life and even your families life...even if they don't want any part of it..she has changed so much! it just makes me sooo happy!

 
So today was transfer day...I'm staying in prior lake!! I’m really excited about that but sad that sister rebar is leaving..I’m so grateful  to have served with her for the past 3 transfers!! she is a beast of a missionary and I have learned so much from her!! she will continue to do great thinks!! I will send pictures!!  

--


--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment