Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 20 Prior Lake, Minnesota


Family and Friends!!

It has been a crazy week in Prior Lake, honestly, I've never seen so much water come out of the sky at one time...I kept looking around for Noah and the Ark to show up!!! The lake prior lake is so high, and has flooded the road in a couple of spots! it’s been crazy! however, sister pead and I have been blessed cause the rain hasn't been coming as much during the day-you know when we have been biking-but it will wake us up at night when it comes PORING down. I've never heard rolling thunder, like I have here!! it’s crazy!

 
So, we are low on miles-I know yall are thinking "tell us something we don't know" but it’s all good cause we have been biking our hearts out this weekend! We have found new bike trails to get us to Shakopee-were most of our investigators like-and so we don't have to drive all the way there..it’s been fun!

Monday!

On Monday we had a good pday..we had dinner with a family who just got baptized a month or so ago..they are so awesome!! The spirit that is in their home is so strong, you can tell that the gospel has made a BIG difference in their lives.  After dinner we started talking about how much heavenly father blesses us during the hard times in life..it was awesome to hear their stories about how it was the challenges of this life that prepared them to accept the restored gospel..it gave me hope that there is a family in prior lake that is ready to accept our message..we just have to keep working hard so we can find them. :)

 Tuesday!

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with my sister training leader, sister hyland! it was so much fun!! I love working with her, she is a great missionary and has such a strong testimony of the gospel.  We taught a girl who is 14 and met us through a member friend.  She is so sweet! I broke my heart to hear some of the things that has happened in her life!! It made me feel so grateful for parents who loved me and taught me to CTR! Thanks mom and daddy!!  But I was also really surprised to feel such a strong love for her in a matter of 30 minutes! it’s so crazy how as we serve with all our heart, heavenly father blesses us with just a small piece of the love he has for his children that we work with.  It has been cool to see how big my heart has grown and how many people I love...it’s so WEIRD!

 Wednesday!

Wednesday sister pead and I had a teaching evaluation with a couple in our ward..it was really awesome! the spirit was strong and we were able to get there option on our teaching.  I love doing teaching evaluations because we learn so much from the members!! they have such strong testimonies and give us ideas of how we can teach in a more simple way so that kids can understand.  We also had district meeting on Wednesday and it was good, we did a role play with our zone leaders and they gave us some ideas of how we could ask more questions to understand where our investigators are at without it sounding like an interrogation!

 Thursday!

on Thursday we had a great lesson with brother T the son of a less active in our ward that we have started teaching.  we taught him about faith in Jesus Christ and it was really cool to see how he totally understood what faith is and how we gain faith.  it has been awesome to see how much happier he is since we started to teach him...him and his mom have changed so much! now we just need to get dad no board! hahaha (evil laugh here)

we also had a great lesson on the word of wisdom with sister w.  I just love her!! We talked about the blesses we get from heavenly father as we have faith and keep his commandments. she said that she is NERVOUS, but I told her that she really didn't have much to lose, like its true or its not..she just needs to do it and test it out...she said she would try...not gunna lie, it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut cause I really wanted to say: do or do not there is no try! but that would have been bad and killed the spirit....we would not have wanted to do that :)

Friday!

on Friday we went and did some service for sister B..it was a lot of fun..she laughed when we showed up with our work clothes in plastic bags, she said that we looked homeless and gave us these kip-sacks to pack our service clothes in from now on..it was really funny! We weeded her garden..because of the buckets and buckets of rain.....the rows she had planted where not rows anymore, so it was kinda hard to only pull weeds.....I may have got a carrot or too! :) ohhh my bad! her carrots were all over the place...like the carrot seeds moved so much! they were in bunches mixed in with all the other veggies she's got growing there....she also sent us home with some strawberries for her garden, DANG there is nothing better then home-grown strawberries..i wanted to make jam, hahahaha like I have the time for that!

 Saturday!

on Saturday the elders in our ward had a baptism, so we were up for the half time show-our ward mission leader hates when we call it that! while the people are drying off the missionaries share a message of the restoration..one gunna lie, our ward is going to be able to share it in there sleep after all the baptisms we have had...were has been one every week end for that past month and its gunna keep going! its so awesome! I love baptisms cause the spirit is so strong and it just reminds me what is most important about he gospel!

 Sunday!

We totally saw an awesome miracle on Sunday! Not only did we get three investigators to church! How that happened I don't know, but we found a really cool new investigator, Sister A.  We had been knocking doors all afternoon and maybe talked to 3 people.....maybe.  I was getting nervous that we were not going to teach anyone before dinner...we had 10 minutes before supper time and so we knocked one more door and we met sister A..she had talked to missionaries before but was not really at a point in her life where it would have made a difference.  As we told her about Joseph Smith, there was a wave of the spirit! it was really heavy!! it was awesome to see how her eyes lit up and we testified that it was true! it was a miracle from heavenly father! it made my whole day!!! I love that as we keep going-no matter what is going on-heavenly father will bless us!

 I'm so grateful for the spirit and his role in missionary work! its been so cool to be able to work side by side him!! Thanks for all you love and support! It means so much!! I hope yall have a great week!

 
LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

ps! last letter as a teenager! CRAZY!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment