Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 19 Prior Lake, Minnesota

 



Family and Friends!!

It has been a great week in Prior Lake!! Transfers were this week and I get to stay!!!! I'm so happy!! I LOVE it!! The people are so great and have become some of my greatest friends!! And the work is going great!! I’m really excited to see all the progress that has been made and am looking forward to all the progress its gunna make!! My new companion is sister Pead..she came out in my group so we kinds already know each other :) she has such great faith and is so upbeat and positive!! I just love it!! we are gunna have fun together!! 

Sunday!! 

Sunday was a great sunday!! Sister Pead and I got to go to the president’s fireside and it was so GOOD!! The spirit was so strong and the stories were so uplifting. One sister talked about how her father didn't approve of her joining the church and when she told him she was getting baptized he told her never to call him again! It made my eyes leek a little....I’m so grateful that I NEVER had to make that choice!! I'm so grateful that have been born into a home where the gospel was taught and I was supported in whatever beliefs I had!! I'm so grateful!! thanks mom and dad!!!

 Saturday!!

Saturday was a day I will never forget! Sister GS got baptized!! She has been investigating for the past 3 years and has pretty much been a member! In fact when we told people that her baptism was this week they said, "hold up..isn't she already a member!?!" it was really funny! But the spirit was so strong and she was so happy!! her son talked and just cried!! he was so excited for her, which of course made everyone else cry a tear or two.  Then when she was dunked, the spirit was so strong and the smile that lite up her face..i will NEVER forget!! she just cried and cried!! it was an awesome day!! I feel so honored to have been able to work with her over the past 5ish months!! She has been such a great example to me!! her courage and faith is so great!! Man, I love her!! She will be an amazing member of the church and will do great things!

Friday!!

Friday was good!! Heavenly Father has totally blessed us! we were able to get into contact with some less actives who I’ve never been able to meet! I love working with less actives! They are so great!! I love watching them as they remember the thoughts and feeling that they once had when they were fully active in the church and then helping them to get back to full activity.  I'm so looking forward to working with them!! I hope all goes well there. We were also able to find some new investigators!! We knocked into a 13 year old who is really cool.  We asked her who God was to her...and her response was awesome!!! It blew my socks off!! I totally was not thinking about stuff that deep when I was 13 or even 16!! The Lord has totally prepared the youth to stand as a witness of him!! its crazy how much more prepared they are!!! 

 Thursday!!

Thursday was sister Peads and I first full day working together and I think it went great!! She had an awesome lesson with our less active sister and her son, sister S.  we talked about the plan of salvation..it was so cool to see her son's eyes light up as we talked about how he can be with his family forever!! he also loved the part about the resurrection..she has special needs and said that he is looking forward for the day that he and his family can have perfect bodies!! it was so sweet!! I love the hope that the plan of salvation gives to people!! its the best!!

 Wednesday!!

Wednesday was transfer day..and it was bitter/sweet.  I was sad to say bye to sister Reber,  but excited to stay in prior lake and work with sister pead...I stayed in burnsville with another sister while we waited for our new companions to come...we did service for a family..and holy cow!!! shoot out to mom!! thanks for teaching me the importance of a clean home and how to clean!! I’m so grateful for it!! That’s all i'm gunna say about that....

Welcome sister pead!! Sister pead kinda was thrown to the sharks cause it was the ward picnic Wednesday night, and I’m sure she was really overwhelmed trying to remember all the names and faces of everyone! Everyone and there dog was there...as well as most of our investigators..and they even brought their families!!! It was awesome!!! We had a great turnout!! I was really happy! And the food was good!!

 Tuesday!!!

Tuesday was kinda sad..sister reber wanted to say goodbye to people, so we spent most of the day doing that....she was really sad to leave the people, but I think she was excited for the new adventure!  we saw everyone and I don't think I have ever took so many pictures in my life!! haha

that night sister reber and I also ate a box of harry potter jelly-beans and holy cow!!! some were better than others!!!  I cannot decide which was worse..the booger one or the vomit one.....maybe the vomit one cause it was not only the taste but the small too!!! hahaha! we took some awesome pictures!!  

 Monday!!

Monday was awesome!! after emails and shopping, sister reber and I made some cool tye-die t-shirts!! It was a lot of fun! I will send home pictures!!

 That was my week! it has been good and dry for the most part..but its Minnesota so who knows what’s gunna happen!!!

I’m so grateful for all the love and support!! thanks!!!      

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment