Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 26 Prior Lake, Minnesota


Family and Friends!!

What a long week!! Today is awesome because I thought that Monday would never come!! It has been the longest/ greatest weeks, funny how feeling the spirit can totally just drain you emotionally and physically and then you’re so tired, yet it was totally worth it! Because it was the end of the month, sister pead and I were on bikes for the first part of the week and it was HOT!! There were a couple of days where the minute we walked outside, we had sweat on our arms from the humidity..it was crazy! After a year, you would think that I was somewhat used to it, NOT! 

 
So, we had SO many miracles this week, I love how Heavenly Father blesses us-even when we don't feel like we should be blessed.  I don't even know where to start, maybe with Sister W.  On Thursday we had a beast of a lesson on so many levels.  First, she told us that she got her answer about baptism!! She told us about how she had this feeling not of yes or no, but of support and that it was up to her what to do...Sister Pead committed that that was because she knew what she was going to do and that she was right...Heavenly Father does support her in the choice to be baptized.  She was really excited about it! I didn't know where to shout for joy or cry...I have LOVED being a small part of her spiritual journey and watching her change as she has learned more about the restored gospel.  We watched a Mormon message called the hope of Gods light-which is AMAZING!! if you have not seen it, you should cause it changed my life!  When we walked back to the living room after watching it, I looked out her window that looks out onto Prior Lake and saw the sunset over the Lake... and then it hit me that God is REAL and that he loves us.  He know each of us personally and has a plan for us....words really cannot describe how I felt...it was just really quite in my head and peaceful. However, back to sister W, she is just excited for baptism, but she told us that she is still nervous a little, I had to laugh cause are we not all nervous before we do something good?? We told her that it was totally normal to be nervous and if she wasn't, I would be nervous!!! 

 
Another miracle was on Saturday.  We were over at the C families doing weeded and we got a call from a girl named V.  She had a friend who was in our ward a while back and wanted to know more about our church and wanted to build her relationship with God....and wanted to know if we knew someone she could talk to about that....i laughed cause that's my job at the moment!! to talk to people about Jesus! So, we are going to meet with her tomorrow! I have NEVER had some one call us wanted to meet with us! So I was super excited and will update yall on that next week! 

 
On Sunday during church we sat with a little boy named Jordan in our ward.  He is 4 and just the cutest thing ever!! with the chubbiest cheeks ever!! I just want to kiss them, but that is not allowed so I don't :) But he noticed that I had mints in my purse (thanks to me mum!) and wanted one, so I gave him one and told him that it would make his breath smell good.  So he popped it into his mouth and then tapped his dad and blew in his face and said: dose my breath smell good cause I ate a "cement"!! it was so funny! We laughed all day about it!! and that night when we went and had dinner with them, I asked Jordan how his "cement" was...he just smiled and said that his breath smelled good!  

Sunday night we met a guy named Brother M. He has 4 kids and has a really cool tattoo on his arm with all their names, but we talked to him about families and shared the restoration with him and it was just totally coolbeans! at the end he told me that when I told him about Joseph Smith and his experience when he prayed, that he got the coldchills and it was not because the wind blew...it was really awesome!! we told him it was the spirit and NOT my good story telling skills!  so we are going back to teach him this week! hopefully we can teach the family too! 

 
On Thursday was District Leader Froggin's first district meeting and he did a great job.  Our training was not working with less actives, recent converts and part member families.  it was really cool cause he shared a story about how they have seen success by doing it, and on Sunday sister pead and I saw it in action for ourselves.  Sister G a recent convert shared her testimony about how the gospel has brought more happiness to her life and her families lives..she told us about how she was talking to her friend about it and how she wants to introduce the missionaries to her...so she got our card after church and is planning on giving it to her friend.  District Leader Froggin's training totally prepared sister pead and I for this experience! 

 
Well, thats about it! I hope yall have a great week!! thanks for all the love and support!! 

 
--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment