Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 29 Prior Lake, Minnesota

coolest glasses/straw ever! haha
us with the peay family and kids
the helmet totally makes the picture! 

doing service at sister Ks house!
 
 
 
 

Friends and family!!
 
What a morning! I opened my email and it has been blown up with pictures of dead animals...now, most missionaries would freak out..but here is the thing..it was the BEST thing ever! you see, they were pictures of my "little brother" and his success this weekend with his bow! I’m totally still smiling about it! His face was so happy!!! And it just makes me happy to know that he is happy and having fun! Stu! you are the BEST! I love you little man! 
 
Moving on to missionary work! so, here is the thing, it has been a hard week.  the days have been forever and a day long and that it was NEVER gunna end.  with that being said, there has been so many great moments this week! I love how no matter how hard the days or hours seem, at the end of the day, if you really look at your day, you will find SO MANY MIRACLES!!! Heavenly Father is just too good! and I love him! 
 
I would have to say that the highlight of my week has been meeting with our new investigator V.  She is just so awesome!! We met with her twice this week.  On Tuesday we met and guess what!!! we set a baptism date for September 27th!! and she said YES!! it was awesome! we also taught the end part of the plan of salvation.  Can I just say that I LOVE the plan of salvation! is the best! I mean..there is no questions to why we are here and what our purpose in life is...And the whole Atonement! Its just so wonderful! I feel so blessed to have this knowledge! Back to V, so she totally loved it! and said that she was really excited to come to church with us on sunday.  We met with her again on saturday and talked about faith in Jesus Christ.  When we asked her about her reading...she was all, ya..i'm in 2 nephi!! uuummmmmm she is reading through that book, like I did twilight! its crazy! Our lesson went great!! As we talked about faith in Jesus Christ, we read out of the popular chapter of Alma 32 and sister pead drew a heart with a seed in it and then a tree growing out of it! it was the best!! But as we talked about the whole idea of faith being like a seed, it totally clicked for me that acting on your faith is SUPER important. like if we don't act on our faith then we don't really grow in our faith in Jesus Christ! James totally knew what he was talking about then he wrote that faith without works is dead! and if I need another example I will just bring the plants that are sitting in our apartment..they have not been acted upon and look a little dead.....my bad! But on V came to church for the first time this week and it was great! she just looked so happy to be there.  Later sunday night, she texted us saying : I have a problem....i'm really excited for church next week!!   Guys, she send this sunday night.......it was so funny, however, at the sametime I had to pinch myself to make sure that this was not as dream...who is excited for church...i should take notes and remember her excitement when I don't want to go.  hahah! no worries mom, I wrote I down in my journal! 
 
sister pead and I had a miracle this week.  we had over booked ourselves..again..and were working through our lunch. We were sitting at the coffee shop teaching V...funny right, and we already talked about the word of wisdom....But this guy comes up to us and asks us if we are the sister missionaries.  as I looked up at him, I thought: oh no, we are totally gunna be yelled at right in front of our investigator who just said she wants to serve a mission after she is baptized. The guy then asks us if we have had lunch..sister pead then says no..the guy drops a roll of $10s on our table and as he walks away says: I loved it when members bought me lunch on my mission......Here is the thing! we have no idea who this guy was...like he is not in our ward! it was crazy....we all just looked at each other and thought..did that totally just happen!?!? it was awesome and crazy! 
 
Last monday we had a zone pday..it was a lot of fun! we had lunch together..the elders asked us to bring cookies...and can I just say that the chocolate chip ones that I made where freaking good...not to toot my own horn or anything....but we played sports and had a fun time together.  guess who was there!! SISTER WIGGINS!!  and it was totally awesome! we were able to catch up and stuff so that was fun!! it was a party!! This week sister pead and I changed our pday to tuesday and are going to go to the state fair with some members! I cannot wait! its gunna be a lot of fun! I will send home pictures next week! I cannot believe that we are going on week 5! transfers are next week and i'm not gunna lie, i'm really nervous! i've been in prior lake for 7 months! and I’m not sure I’m ready to leave...but we will see next week! 
 
thanks for all the love and support! I have the best friends and family!! 
-- 
LOVE!
Sister Randi Hulet
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment