Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 27 Prior Lake, Minnesota

Me and our less active, she showed us how to
make jean bags...I never thought I would be TALL! hahaha

Family and Friends!! 

 
Well, this week was one of the most FAST weeks of my mission...well, that I remember....and I hope that this is not a trend cause for the rest of my mission.  Sister pead and I have been going, going, going! We have had stuff going on each and every day....by the time we get home we are so tired!! No joke, I may or may not have almost fallen asleep during one of our conference calls this week..ya...quality missionary, that’s what I am!! 

 
So, last week I told yall about a girl named V. This week we were able to meet with her, and holy cow! She has totally been prepared to accept the gospel!!! We had a great lesson with her.  She was really nervous, but that was ok cause so was I!!! I have no idea why this lesson scared me so bad, but I was freaking out in my mind about it all the morning long! however, the spirit was there and it turned out great.  V had a lot of questions and just took in everything we shared with her.  She has been looking for a stronger relationship with her Savior and it was cool to see her eyes light up as we told her she can have that through the Book of Mormon.  At the end of our lesson we told her that she could text us whenever with questions...and let me tell yall, she has! every night this week we get a couple of texts from her with different questions..however my personal favorite text was when she said: " I love this BOOK!" referring to the Book of Mormon.  I love how even after just reading a couple of chapters, we can see the goodness of the book! it’s so TRUE!! 

 
Sister W had her baptism interview this week and is good to go for August 16! HOLY COW!!! Can I just say how I love her! I have loved watching her change since the day I knocked on her door.  She is a great lady and just is so spiritual...I think she will do great things! So, Sister W is getting wood floors in her home and so over the past couple of weeks she has been taking out all the carpet....this is not a LITE job...lets just say that I’ve been sleeping with an ice pack on my lower back this weekend...BUT that is not the worst part....you see, sister W has cats....who may or may not know the difference between the floor and there bathroom.....yeah.....can you say crystallized cat-pee to the face....

 
This week me and sister pead celebrated our 1st anniversary-as in one year as missionaries!! however, because of our busy week, we didn't really get to do anything until Saturday night...but yeah, we kinda had a party! No worries, it was still totally missionary approved! We had ice cream, sparkling cider, and CARDS! it was really fun...however, the best part was when sister pead started showing me some of her "magic tricks".  she picked up all the cards and then said: " Let me see your fist! "  as a hold out my fist, with a weird look on my face, she stuffs in the cards in between my fingers...then proceeds to smack the cards! As the cards go flying, she picks up on of the cards and says: " Is this your card?" all I could do was laugh! In what world did my comp just do that!?! I cannot express in writing how funny it was...i was crying I was laughing so hard...meantime, sister pead is calm and asks: " Let me see your fist!" she did this like 4 or 5 times and I just laughed my brains out!! it was a lot of fun..none the less, it was a fun moment! and a great way to relax after a busy week! 

 
On Friday was our ward camp out...can I just say that it SUCKED that missionaries cannot camp.  We were able to go for dinner, but of course not to camp...and here is the thing, when I left on my mission I didn't think that I would miss camping cause I didn't think I would really think about it, yet I miss it! all summer everyone here goes camping! and I just would love to go and spend time in the mountains, in a tent! or the cabin..that would work too! Anyways, off my camping box, dinner was really good...we had pulled pork and corn on the cob! SO FREAKING GOOD! then we played games with brother and sister B and sister W...it was a lot of fun...we ended the night around the fire pit, eating smores! it was so cute..a little boy in the ward was making me and sister pead some! it was just so cute and made the smore taste even better!! 

 
Well, that is the highlights! Thanks for all the love and support!! love and miss yall!! see you in 28 weeks! 

 
-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment