Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 31 Prior Lake, Minnesota

deep fried reeses peanut butter cups

Family and Friends!

WHAT!!!! Can yall believe that I’ve been gone for 13 hole months! I cannot, it totally doesn't feel that long!.....well, only some days! But it has been a great week...the only down side is that I lost my planner and I don't know where it is....and its driving me crazy cause I really liked the picture and quote I put on it!! so, I will not rest until I find it.....I’m sure it’s around the apartment somewhere, just nowhere that I’ve looked! haha!! 
 
Our investigator, T had his baptism interview this week, and he is set for baptism on Saturday! it’s really exciting!! He has changed so much since we have been meeting with him.  I love how the gospel changes us all-no matter our age or physical limitations! T has been on fire and just taken in all we have shared with him.  He has autism and is on a 12 year old level...his mom is returning to activity after a live of not being on the right path...but has been working on turning her life around! It has been cool to see how the gospel has changed all of them! it’s awesome!!

V is doing great!! This week she told her mom that she is getting baptized...her mom was supportive, but thinks she should wait a bit before she makes that choice.  She texted us that night and told us what happened and said that she has been so excited about her baptism ever since we set a date and now that she has talked to her mom, all she can think about is doubts and if she is moving too fast.....we met with her the next day and talked more about baptism and how we are blessed as we make covenants with our Father in Heaven.  We also shared with her about all the doubts we had as we prepared to serve our missions..it was crazy how strong the spirit was in the Caribou!! haha!! but by the end of the lesson, said that she knows that its satan that is putting all these doubts in her mind, and that she is still planning on being baptized on September 27! 

One sad moment this week, was when we went to visit our investigator sister S.  She has been meeting with us since December, however as not progressed because of her health issues.  Well, she has not been doing good the past month and this week we were able to stop by and get the story...I was shocked when I walked into her living room and saw her laying in a hospital bed, with tubes everywhere!! As we sat down, I realized that she was REALLY not well.  She told us that she was about to die...it was crazy! She did say that she has loved our visits and they have helped her as she has come to the end-especially the plan of salvation.  It was sad...She talked about how she is really to go, the peace that was there,  was really comforting...she told me that she would tell my Grandpa Hulet I say hi and that I love him when she sees him up there! it was really sweet and almost made me cry...she has been such a joy to visit and I’m really going to miss all the times we sat around her kitchen table. 
 
At church this week, we had a lesson in RS about how much we need our fellow sisters in the gospel.  It was awesome and totally made me think about how blessed I’ve been to have to chance to work with all the great women in the church here in Minnesota!  The sisters in all my areas have been the key in our success as missionaries! It has made me want to be a better member when I get home and help the missionaries! But there was a quote that really liked : "I invite you to not only LOVE each other more, but to LOVE each other better." As I thought about that, I had the thought that as we serve the sisters in our ward we are able to love them as Christ does and that is how we love them better...I hope that makes since..cause it does in my head! hahaha

So, our recent convert, sister K has horse right...this week we went out to her barn before our lesson and I had the weirdest feeling...like I was going to miss being around the horses when I go home....and I was like WHAT!! this is not my life, I don't like animals!! hahaha!!! She was talking about how when we come back to visit after our missions, she wants to take us on a horseback ride, and I actually thought that would be fun! WHO AM I!!?!? it made both of us laugh!! Sister K was all, Yes! I’ve got you to like horses!! Like it was her challenge all along! it was funny! 


Well, that’s about it.....thanks for all the love and support! I love getting the emails, letters, pictures..all of it!! it makes my week!           

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment