Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 30 Prior Lake, Minnesota





Family and Friends!

Well, this week was transfers and both  me and sister pead are staying in Prior Lake for another transfer...that's transfer number 6 for me! its awesome! I’m so excited to work with the awesome people here and watch the area continue to grow.  Even in the past 7 months is like night and day difference from when I got here! I love it cause it just shows me that as we work hard and have faith, God will provide people for us to teach.

 This week has been a party! We went to the Minnesota state fair on Tuesday and it was fun! they say that its on of the biggest fair in the country, and let me tell yall, it was HUGE!   Sister pead and I just ate and ate cause its not like we can ride the rides. :) But we did get some pictures and had a lot of fun people watching....man, some people need to look in the mirror before they leave there house! hahaha! sorry, that's mean, but its kinda true......

 We ate: stake on a STICK, pina colada....don't worry that was not on a stick, but in a real pineapple cup.....of course we had some chesse curds! I really like them! I mean its deep-fried cheese, what is not to like...and then we finished the day off with some deep fried peanut butter cups on a stick!  that was ok, not something I would have again, but I just had to try it!

There was this one place called: nothing on a stick...and guess what...there was no one there!! it was really fun!! haha

 As for missionary work this week, we had a really good week! We met with V and had an awesome lesson.  She is AMAZING! its awesome to hear about all she is learning as she studies.  She is almost to the book of Alma! she is reading it so fast! its sweet!! We talked about repentance this week.  The best was we told our ward mission leader with us and it was at the coffee shop.  He was like "what the heck" but it was a good lesson, none the less.  V really likes him, which makes us laugh! Our ward mission leader is in his 70s and the BEST! he is like our grandpa, on a ward level! He is so funny and has a awesome testimony! I love taking him teaching with us cause he is VREY in tune with the spirit and always knows just what to say to help our investigators :)

 On Saturday night, sister pead and I were doing some finding.  She were on our bikes, it was raining and about 8ish at night.  Lets just say that I didn't really want to be finding at that moment.  I was trying to find any reason possible why we needed to go back home-I know, totally a bad missionary right?!? Sister pead, takes out her scriptures and opens to a random page and reads the highlighted verses....it totally talked about how we needed to raise our voices in declaring repentance......yeah, God totally humbled me through scripture....so I said a pray and we got to work.  We stopped at a potential investigators house.  He was not home, but his baby-mamma was and so we started talking to her.  She said that M told her to read the chapter in the Book of Mormon we left him, but she had never gotten around to it.  We talked more about what the Book Of Mormon was and how we got it.  She really like it and wants us to come back this week! so that was awesome!

Sunday night, we watched the testaments with sister W.  it was really good, then we rode our bikes home in the FLASH FLOOD!! it was crazy! it was raining like there was no tomorrow! hahaha!! I couldn't see with my glasses cause they were so wet so I had to take them off and just follow the flashing red light on sister peads bike...it was really funny! I was laughing the hole way home, so glad she lead the way safe, so I didn't run into anything.....

We had our last district meeting for the transfer this week.  it was on getting people to church.  Elder Foggin had us sit in the chapel for a bit and talk about why we go to church each week.  It was cool and super spiritual.  It was nice to think about why we go to church and the role that it plays in our week.  I didn't want to think about what my week would be like with out going to church each week.  I a way I feel like going to church puts everything we believe into action.  We are there to repent and do better, to help others grow in there testimony, and to feel the spirit that comes with worshipping our God.  Church is great! I feel so BLESSED to of had it in my life growing up! its totally something I want to continue to be in my life when I get home!

 
I’m so thankful for all yall that support me each and everyday! thanks for all the emails and letters! they are the BEST!! I hope yall have a great week and a fun Labor day! PARTY ON!! 

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment