Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 32 Prior Lake, Minnesota



Us and V

Family and Friends! 

 
What a week! It’s been really crazy and gone by so fast!! Sister Pead and I are so freaking tired, it was so funny as we were driving home last night from meeting with our bishop I was kinda scared for my life cause sister pead was so out of it and was saying crazy things and driving scary, but no worries I made it home alive!  but...today has been claimed as hard core nap day...and I’m not much of a napper, but I think I may give it a go today..we will see how well that goes.  

 
I don't even where to start, we have been going to and from all the days this week....I guess we will start with the best family home evening I’ve EVER been a part of.  So, we wanted V to go to a family home evening with one of the families in the ward so we set that up for last Tuesday.  When V picked us up to head over to the Thomas family’s house, she was having a bad day and so she was really hoping that this would brighten her evening....we planned a lesson on Faith and enduring to the end.  From the moment we pulled up to their house, I was laughing my head off...the Thomas's are hilarious!  Allison-one of the daughters-got home the same time we got there and had a build-a-bear box in her hand....I was all: did you go to build-a-bear? and she was all: ya, I had a bad day, so I went to build-a-bear....she then pulls out her dino she built and says that it’s Danny the Dino! It was silver and dark blue..wearing boxers. It was really funny! like in writing, it sounds weird, but in real life it was so funny! we were laughing about it for the rest of the night.  However, the giggles didn't stop there....the hole lesson, was just funny....all the Thomas kids are so funny and would say and do the funniest things....it was really hard to stay on a spiritual track, but it was perfect....when we were able to talk gospel, the spirit was so strong, it was cool to me that it didn't matter if everyone was quite and reverent during the lesson, the spirit was still about to be there and V loved it! Another funny moment of the night was when we did "faith paper" with Chris-the 14 year old son.  We light this paper on fire-i LOVE fire! , while Chris holds it in his hand and right before it burns Chris it floats away..it’s really cool, but last minute Chris gets scared and totally throws the paper-while it’s on fire-in the air...mind you we are in the living room...not outside!  Sister Thomas freaks out! it was so funny!! 

 
We had a baptism on Saturday for our investigator T.  It was really awesome!  The spirit was really strong and he was so happy! There was a good ward turn-out so it was good for them to know that the ward loves them and is supportive of T choice to be baptized.  T's mom was so pleased! she  pretty much cried the hole service-happy tears of course! , it was great though....sister pead and I have been so blessed with success in this area! it’s been so crazy to watch all these prepared people accept the gospel and get baptized...it still blows my mind when I think about it, and what is even more crazy that we have yet another on coming in 2 weeks! I hope that our ward will not get overwhelmed with it all...cause we have had a lot of baptisms in a short amount of time.  

 
We were able to meet with the F family again this week.  They are a less active family with A LOT going on in their life at the moment.  We have been going over weekly and just reading the book of Mormon with them to help bring peace and the spirit into their home and life.  It was really cool cause this time when we when the youngest daughter-she is about 16ish....was nervous that we were going to be coming while she is in school...so we are going to set something up with her, and just do something fun! like maybe do nails and pizza or something. so that should be good. I love it when we can make friends with the youth cause they are the ones that will help bring there parents back to church. 
 

Well, here is the thing, next week we are going to a baseball game! we are going with our district (it was my idea..no worries! )  to see the twins vs. the diamondbacks! so, cause the game is on Wednesday, we are changing our pday to Wednesday...so I will not email until Wednesday afternoonish. so ya. just so you know that is why there will be no email coming on Monday morning next week! 

 
I hope yall have a great week! thanks for all the love and support  


--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment