Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 37 Prior Lake, Minnesota




Family and Friends!!

 
It has been a good week! full of lots of good moments and spiritual times! It’s just so great! 

So, update on last week’s transfer, I’m staying in prior Lake and have a new companion, her name is sister Anderson...she is so sweet! I swear to you that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body!  It’s been fun to get to know her better,  and I’m looking forward to learning from her. She was sister Peads companion before she came to prior lake, so that is kinda crazy! she is really tall and makes me look even shorted than I really am, it’s really funny to see us walk around together. 

 
This week has been good though, we have been able to just do our thing...I’ve been so tired every night when we have came home, so I think that we have been working hard! haha!! We met with Beth on Sunday evening. We went over the word of wisdom and it went great. Beth has opened up so much to us over the past month, we are able to just talk about it all and she is not so shy anymore, which is awesome! She is very smart and is able to feel the spirit in a way I wish I could have at her age. We asked her what difference she has seen in her mom since she was baptized in July, and she totally had lots to say. One that stuck out to me was that Sister K is more happy and bright! I thought it was awesome that Beth totally picked up on that! it was really cool! I just love Beth!! she is so great! I'm super excited that I get to stay in Prior Lake and work with her! its awesome! 

 
so, I have some moments this week....lets just say that I’m totally the queen of dignity! 

#1- we were walking around and talking to people when we saw this cute little old lady in her garage.  We started talking to her and I asked her how she has been able to find peace in this crazy world full of destruction? and she replied that its so crazy how much construction is happening in her neighborhood and she thinks they are finished for the year, but it will start again next spring...it was so hard for me to not laugh!


#2-we were eating our dinner in our car on Saturday night in a gas station parking lot cause the family that had signed up to feed us had sick kids.  I was playing with the steering wheel and totally honked the horn, and here was a guy totally siting at a table right in front of our car! it was really embarrassing..and then I had to go and say sorry!! I’m sure my face was fire-truck red! don't worry!! 

 
One of the best parts of the week was that our recent convert Travis totally got to pass the sacrament this week!! it was so cool! he did such a good job! He looked so happy and proud of himself! it was so cute!! his mom, sister s was so happy about it, she was crying during the hole sacrament! it was really cute!!
 

we have been able to go to young men, young women's the past couple week to help the youth get ready for missionary week, last week we helped them with their teaching skills because this week they are going to be going and teaching people for their activity...they have been asked to talk to their nonmember friends and ask if they could practice teaching them! it’s so cool!! so, that has been a lot of fun....i really like hanging out with the youth cause it makes me feel like a normal person again, haha!! 

 
Sunday afternoon we has a really crazy experience...i still don't know if it was real life or not...but ya..it was crazy! so we tried stopping by a less active that we didn't know..when we got to the door, a little Hispanic lady opened the door and asked if we were from the church....we said yes and asked if JEM was home....in her broken English she said that was her daughter...and welcomed us in.  As we got talking, come to find out that JEM had no idea who we were and said that she has not been a part of our church...and we were like, are you sure cause we have your records.....she then talked about how her husband is a pastor of another church and he had talked to the leaders of our church to put her on the list.....and in my head I was like " lady it doesn't really work like that.." next thing I know we are singing a song and they are giving us tacos. as I type this it totally sounds like not real life, but it totally was, and I don't know what to think about it!! it was so crazy and weird!! 

 

well, thats my life this week!! hope yall have a great week!      

 
--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment