Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 40 Prior Lake, Minnesota





FEAST!

 
Family and Friends! 


Well, I hate to say it but winter is here! We had our first snow fall of the season last night! It didn't snow very hard, but when Sister Anderson and I woke up this morning.....there was snow on the ground! Our cars are grounded, so we had a good little walk to the library this morning. I loved looking around at the white blanket that covered prior lake. I really like the snow, it’s the cold that comes that gets me! I cannot believe that winter is here, in many ways I feel like it just ended! Where did the summer go!?! Back to our cars, I think it’s really funny that we cannot drive, cause there is maybe an inch of snow on the ground...and that’s if your really pushing it! but the walk was nice so I guess I will have to get over it :)

 
We have seen so many miracles this week! it’s awesome!  Sister Anderson and I have been so blessed. I feel like the work is starting to move along again. We met some new people and I’m looking forward to going back to follow up.  We also had some great lessons with our people!  We met with brother and sister B this week.  Brother B loves to study the 2nd coming, so we talked about how we can prepare for it.  We started the lesson with the story of the 10 virgins-golf style! It was really funny, but got the point a crossed and at the end of the story, brother B said that he needs to get baptized to be prepared! it was so funny, yet really awesome! We went through some of the signs and talked about they have been fulfilled or how we can watch for them to be. it was good! We also met with the D family.  I don't remember if I’ve ever wrote about them before or not...But the D family is another part member. Sister D was baptized as a teenager but went less active soon after.  Her husband Brother D is not a member.  We have been going over there a little bit and this last week we had a great lesson! The last time we were there we talked about the restoration and prophets...sister D didn't understand prophets....i could see that she was trying to form a question, but didn't really know what words to use.  So this week we talked about prophets. I studying a ton for our lesson, but as we walked in the door I felt super unprepared...i didn't know if it was because I was leading out cause this was the first time sister Anderson had met them or what, but I rolled with it! As we talked I could tell that she was just not getting it! Right then, a question popped into my head...so I asked it.  After she got a smile on her face and said: Yes! that is what I’m trying to ask!! it was so cool!!! I totally felt like I was a tool for the spirit in our lesson....it was super cool! 

 
On Friday we had dinner with sister K and her daughter B. it was a lot of fun!! Before dinner we listened to B sing some of her choir songs and HOLY COW!! B can sing! sister Anderson played some of her songs on the piano and it was really cool to listen...then b got out her Les Misrables (don't know how to spell that) book! My heart skipped a beat!! I was so excited and she sang "Bring Him Home" it so awesome!!! she let me look at the book a little and oh man! I forgot how much I miss the music from that play!!! But I got over that quick :) We talked about the gospel after and it was just fun to get to know B more and listen to her talent! We also made cookies together for the Choir concert on Sunday.  

 
Saturday I had another one of those moment where I know that I was inspired. We were going to do a stop by and it just didn't feel right to me. As me and sister Anderson talked about it she asked what I thought we should do.  I told her that I couldn't get our investigator A out of my head...so we drove up to shakopee where she lives and come to find out she needed help....she hurt her back and had a party for her job she had to go to, but needed help preparing her supplies for it! so we helped! I knew that was where we were needed...i love how Heavenly Father works through us to do his work! and its awesome that he has called me to be the tool! 

 
Sunday night we went the Minnesota Mormon Choral thanksgiving concert. it was awesome! they sang with two other choirs.  The first choir was a Catholic Church choir, they did a good job...they sang a song that was a little Pirates of the Caribbean, but the organ was cool! The next choir was barber shop style! it was awesome! They were my favorite out of all the choirs.  They sang You raise me up and it was so sweet! and they totally were dancing and stuff! it a lot of fun to watch....and then the Choral sang last...they were good....but the other best part was at the end they all sang together! oh man, they sang come thou fount of every blessing! it was the BEST!!! We went with sister K and B...it was really fun and they really liked it! 

 
sister K gave her first lesson as a RS teacher! she did such a good job....it was so fun to see her up in front sharing her thoughts on the lesson and leading the class! it made me so happy! I love watching all the recent converts each week at church, if yall came to the ward, I don't think you could be able to pick out who was new and who was not...they all just blend in and look so in place on sunday...i think its so cool that i've been able to be in prior lake so long and see the difference our work has made on the ward! 

 
Friday was the 15 month mark! so crazy!! I cannot believe that I only have two transfers left before I come home! it freaks me out cause I don't feel like it should be that close! To celebrate all the spiritual growth we have made, I made me and sister Anderson a total feast! You see on Thursday I got thanksgiving in a box from home...and so I cooked it up! And I don't want to toot my own horn, but I did good! it was fun to make miracles in our kitchen! I will send pictures! 

 
Thanks for all the love and support! 
 

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment