Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 41 Prior Lake, Minnesota




Foot in Face!

Family and Friends! 

It has been a great week in prior lake. me and sister Anderson have been doing good and just trying to build up our teaching pool...and its coming along, slowly but it’s coming!  The snow is coming down as I type and its cold! I’ve had to crack out my BIG coat and I cried! I’m not ready for this weather again...it comes too soon! But it’s all good! The snow is pretty and fun to play in.  Yesterday we stopped by the c families and I played in the snow with the kids for a minute and threw snowballs at sister Anderson...that was really fun! haha!! for me!! haha!! 

On Wednesday and Thursday I was in Lakeville on exchanges with my STL sister Toone.  She is from a small town in Utah and has been on her mission for about a year.  It was fun to get to know her better and to work with her. We had a lesson with a recent convert D all about family history.  I was really cool to watch how excited he was to find his family and start to build his family tree...it made me realize that I’m going to have to work on my family history when I get home....and you know do some work! 

On Friday we had a fun afternoon making all kinds of jams and jellies with sister B. I love working in the kitchen! it’s so much fun...we made applesauce and strawberry jam. While we were working, brother B come into the kitchen and we had a great talk about a miracle that happened in his life. he has been out of work for the last month because he hurt his back, and on Sunday night he prayed that in the morning he would feel better so he could go to work. and guess what! his back was better! it was so cool! he was so happy about it! I was so excited to hear about it cause its another stepping stone to baptism! he is so close and its so awesome to see how much he has changed in the last couple months! I cannot wait for our lesson this week! its gunna be awesome! 

Sunday night we had a great lesson with B. She is progressing right along. we watched the Joseph Smith movie and he really like it. we talked about the how Joseph Smith's experience would apply to us in our lives today.....and it  made me think about how because on his he prayed for answers to a question, we have answers to some of lives questions. it brings me so much peace.  I love how much she is taking in for being a teenager; I wish I would have been more spiritual when I was her age. 

This weekend was stake conference.  on Saturday we rode with brother and sister C to the stake center...they had both us and the elders.  us and the elders got talking about the snow because Elder Oliver is from AZ and this is his first winter!!! he was telling us how cold his feet where, and I was laughing cause it was only like 20* out and it was gunna get colder! I told him that wool socks were the best and the pair I have saved my bacon.  He replied by saying he had no idea what kind of sock he had on, all he knew was they were thick....think he said could you check them....of course we thought he was talking to his comp Elder Davis, but before I knew it I had his foot in my face!!  He didn't have on wool socks.........

I did learn more then what kind of socks elder Oliver wears at stake conference...what stuck out to me most was that I need to forgive others like the Savior forgives. He was so quick to forgive people for what they did....and I need to do the same.  I also learned that forgiveness is more for the person giving it then for the person who is receiving it.  it made me think of a quote: forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different. We need to not look in the past and freak out about what people have done, build on it and move on! I need to work on that. 

I'm so grateful for all the love and support I have from all my family and friends! It means the world to me! Thanks for all the emails, letters, prayers and stuff that you all do for me! Thanks thanks thanks!! 

--

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment