Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 39 Prior Lake, Minnesota



Drop it LOW!

 
Family and Friends! 

There has been so much this week; I don't know where to begin! And I hope that I can get it all in here....it’s just been fun! 

 
I guess we will start with the mission conference! We had Elder Carlson of the 70 here to speak to us...and holy cow, he totally brings such a strong spirit! It was crazy cool....I learned so much from the conference; I think that it was one of my favorites so far on my mission! It was awesome. His wife spoke first and she talked about 3 rules-or "guidelines" that we should all have in our lives. 

                 1! the rules apply to you! I think that there has been moments in my mission where I’ve thought that I was above the rules and honestly didn't see much success, it has been when I’ve been striving to be obedient that I’ve see miracles! 

                  2! obedience brings blessings! it kinda goes with the #1 but I know that its true! 

                  3! Change is a good think! before my mission I didn't think that change was all that hard, but it is! I guess I never had any BIG changes in my life, but when we allow change in our lives we are able to grow in ways that we never could before. it is also a part of repentance, so its totally a god thing! 

 
Elder Carlson talked next and man! I should just talk a picture of my notes cause it was so good!! but some of the highlights was when he talked about Heavenly Father is practical and specific, and we should be as well in our prayers and in our planning. As we are practical and specific we will see many more miracles in our everyday work. I’ve been thinking about this all the days since and it’s something I need to work on...I’m not as detailed in my nightly planning and then I don't pray as specific as I should. it made me think about all the times in the scriptures that it says something to the effect of: Heavenly Father knows all things, He know what we need, but is waiting until we ask him for it.  And I think that as I work on planning and praying specific, I will be able to see His hand more each day because I will be asking for specific help, not just general help. 

 
Elder Carlson also had us make a list of all the things we like about President and Sister Forbes...and he asked us to take note of the list because when we are off our missions we need to look for these traits in the person we marry! it was super cute! He then talked about how President and Sister Forbes is our example of what marriage should be and we need to talk note of it. so that was fun...after lunch, he gave us 3 points that we need to apply to our lives! 

                1! When we get home we need to go to the temple. I love the temple and hope that I can make it a priority in my post mission life. 

                2! goals are not just rocks in the road for us to trip over. He talked about how when we don't reach our goals it’s not something we need to beat ourselves up for, but to learn from and set new goals. I really liked that one cause I feel like I’ve set goal-mission and not mission- goals that I no longs want to work for or just have not been able to make happen, and that doesn't make me a failure. 

                3! get people to ask you questions.  When we teach people, they learn best when they are the ones to ask the questions. so, when you are asked about the gospel, don't be afraid to share it with them because they will learn and ask more questions.

 
So, mission conference was boss and I’m  so grateful I got to go! it was also fun to see all my mission friends, we took a picture of my MTC group that was there, so that was really fun to catch up with them and hear all the many miracles they have had in the past couple months. 

 
This week we had a district pday, and that was really fun! there are some great elders and sisters that I get to work with in this area. We played some games, and I think I was laughing 99% of the time! it was so much fun. We started off with the bag game. its where you take a brown paper bag and set it in the middle of the circle of people. Then you have to pick it with your mouth WITHOUT letting your hands and knees touch the floor....once you our pick it up you rip off a the piece of the bag you had in your mouth...so, as you go around the circle the bag will get smaller and smaller...it was so funny to watch the elders try to "drop it low" and pick up the bag....I think that a person’s height also helps, so I was pretty good! :)  We also played chicken in the hen house...no worries, no mission rules were broken, we were pair up in companionship :) I’m  sure if someone were to have walked into the gym, they would have been like: who are these crazy people?? it was a lot of fun! I’m  in a great district! 

 
Halloween night we had dinner over at the Johnson's house. Every year they have a special Halloween dinner..I think this is something I want to do with my family.  Sister Johnson will have a different theme every year...and this year it was zombies! we were eating different parts of the zombies, from there brain to their toes! It was really fun!! Sister Johnson is so creative and it made it so fun! Halloween night we went trick or treating with the C family kids! Sister C is very into Halloween and it showed in all the costumes!! We had Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Ellza (chick from Frozen), and the cat from Alice in Wonderland, the queen of hearts, and the ghost from Ghost-busters! it was fun!!! The kids got so much candy! All night after Trick-or-Treating they were throwing some at us and the Elders...i ate so much freaking candy! it was crazy!! 

 
Saturday night we had the ward Halloween party....again, I loved all the kids Halloween costumes! They were so cute! We didn't do a truck-or-treat, but just a normal trick-or-treat inside the church..they had us and the elders decorate a door..and yall all know what that means, we decorated the door and the elders passed out the candy! not gunna lie though, we did a great job! our door looked so good! I will have to send home a picture!  I was looking forward to dressing up this year but didn't get too, I was a little sad, but I’m  over it, not worry! 

 
Thanks for all the love and support!! I hope yall have a great week!! 

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment