Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 1 Edina, Minnesota


Family and Friends!! 

 
So much has happened in the past week! So crazy how everything can change so fast! I guess I should start at the beginning.....

It still freaks me out that one email can totally change everything! I’m talking about the transfer email!!! I was so sad that I was moving to a new area because everything was going great in Prior Lake, but I get the Lord needed me in Edina so it’s all good...kinda......I’m working accepting the Lords will are rolling with it...its something that DOESNT happen overnight. ;)  

 
So that meant that all of Monday and Tuesday was booked with stop bys to say bye to pretty much the hole ward!! However we had a pretty awesome experience on Monday night.  so, there is a lady that we had been trying to get into contact with for like the past 3ish months but could never catch her at home.....they was one day that me and sister pead met her, but we were unable to get an appointment that would fit both of our schedules....then like a month ago, me and sister Anderson where able to catch her and talk to her for a bit....I remember that we sang a song and just got to know her.  Well, on Wednesday of last week, she called us!!! And wanted to meet with us again! MIRACLE!! We set up a time and were able to meet on Monday night.  Her name is sister B and for whatever reason me and her totally clicked! I was so sad that I was leaving and would get to work with her!!! We talked for a bit and worked on a puzzle...then on Tuesday she texted us and asked if we could stop over again on Tuesday night before I left....we did and guess what!?! She gave me some puzzles to take to Edina and a sweet note! It was so cool! I totally believe that we were meant to meet each other!  

 
So, Wednesday was transfers....it was hard to leave in the morning...but I did it and  came to Edina.  Edina is a good spot, I’m still working on getting to know everyone and there dog, but I hope to catch on fast because my companion sister Noe is going home at the end of the transfer!! so I will be taking over the area! so scary!!  We had thanksgiving on Thursday...the food was great, but it was a little awkward cause I was at people's houses that I didn't even know, but that is life of a missionary...I should be used to that by now! hahaha!!  of course I loved the pumpkin pie and the turkey! it was great!! 

 
So, Edina is a richer area, but we also work in part of Minneapolis and at town named St. Louis Park.  There are a lot of Africans in Minneapolis and St. Louis Park, so that has been a lot of fun...they are so humble! it’s so awesome!! One of the recent converts here is from Liberia...and on Friday night she taught us how to braid her hair!! it was totally cool...and I had some African rice stuff...it was pretty good, I’m kinda excited to try more African food! 

 
On Saturday we were doing some finding and GUESS WHAT!?! Someone has a full on hockey rink in there front yard! in my head all I could think was...you know you are in Minnisota when your neighbors have a hockey rink in their front yard.....of course I will send home a picture! 

Thanks again for all your love and support!! hope yall have a good week!!   

-- 

LOVE!

Sister Randi Hulet

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment