Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 3 Andover, Minnesota


 
FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

Well, this has been on the hardest weeks of my life!! We have knocked more doors in the past 7 days then I have ever knocked before!!  We have talked to tons of people and it makes me soo sad when they don't want to hear what I have to say.  I feel like Heavenly Father has given me a bad week so that I can really see his hand in all things and all the tender mercies that he sends my way.  To help keep me going I have started a list of all the little things he has done for me.  To name a few:  the sunsets!! HOLY COW!!! I have never noticed how beautiful the night sky is.  Every night there is a pretty sunset that lights up the sky.  It’s like nothing I’ve seen before.  Every night I try to get a picture, but all I seem to capture is the side of my companions head!! hahaha!! I should have taken a photo class in high school!! Another tender mercy is the wind! You see, we have to ride our bikes a lot to save miles because we only have so many miles we can drive a month and our area is HUGE!! It’s so hot and humid here that whenever the wind picks up it is totally a blessing!!  I truly know that the Lord has been giving me strength to get through each day because I have wanted to give up, but for some reason I don't! I know that the Lord is pushing me so that I can became the missionary he needs me to be...for one reason or another I need to know what it is like to have no one to teach and I think in ways it helps me to understand the worth of the message I share and how much it really can bless your life if you are willing to humble yourself and come unto Christ.  

 

This week has also been the week of a lot of first for me.  I have had to do so many new things.  Like: ride my bike in a skirt..it is not as hard as it looks! I also had someone get really mad at me for knocking on their door and I’m not gunna lie, it took everything in me not to laugh while she was yelling at us!! you see, missionaries must knock her door often because she told us that she said to never come back and when we tried to say sorry and that we were new that made here even more mad..then she came outside and yelled as we walked away..she looked really funny and it was so hard not to laugh...as we walked away it got really sad because our message could have made her so much happier and helped her in so many ways.  I think that is one thing I have learned this week...that the gospel of Jesus Christ truly does bring us happiness.  Another first for me this week..and I know it sounds funny..but I had to cut my nails for the first time this week...Now! I know what you are thinking.."this girls is 19 years old and has never cut her nails before?!?" but you see I never learned because my mom has always done such a great job of this and so why would I do it myself.  While it was a learning and humbling experience as I tried to cut them..my companion laughed at me as I tried to do this "easy" task, but I think that I did a good job for my first time..I didn't draw that much blood! POSITIVE!!! 

 

I have learned to get over some of my fears this week...like 90% of people have pets here and we are always petting someone’s dog or cat..we taught a member lesson this week and they had a big cat...now don't like cats and think they stink and I hate their hair..well while we were teaching this family, their cat sat on my lap and it wouldn't move for like 20 min.!!!!! the hole time I was thinking that someone better move the cat before I freak out but I didn't want to be rude..when we got to the car afterwards I looked down at my skirt and there was hair everywhere!!! I had a mental freakout...it was bad!!  

I have gotten to know the members of the ward so much better this week..we have had tons of dinner appointments and they are great people with great testimonies.  I have ate some different food, there is an Asian in our ward and she cooked some Asian food and it was different, but I ate everything on my plate..Daddy you would have been proud!....the members are so kind and they are all so willing to help us with whatever we need which is awesome! 

I love and miss everyone!! Thanks for all the love and support!

Love-

Sister Randi Hulet

PS I can’t send pictures this week, but will try to next week!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment