Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week 2 Andover, Minnesota








WHAT UP!?!

Well, I have made it through another week in Minnesota...and it’s been great! I’m starting to get to know the members in my ward and put together the names and faces!! This week has been awesome. We still don't have any progressing investigators, but we have made SO much progress in the last week! I’m starting to get more comfortable knocking on doors..POSITIVE! we have taught a lot of restoration lessons on door steps and given away tons of BofMs. 

My biggest news is that we taught our first "real" lesson and it was an experience.  We found this older lady named JoAnn last week and we were about to make a return appointment. So when we went back she had a friend from her church there to listen to our lesson.  They are both Baptist.  JoAnn had a very open mind to what we were teaching, but her friend didn't.  It made me really nervous when she would ask me questions because I didn't know the bible like she did.  So I would just testify and try to skip her questions...I don't think she was very happy.  In the end we left JoAnn with a BofM and her friend told her that she needed to be careful cause it was a bad book! I was trying so hard not to laugh...I was able to keep myself together until we got in the car...it was for sure an experience.  

Another cool think I did  this week is we went on an Exchange with our sister training leader.  I went to Eden Prairie and served with Sister Mansfield for two days.  I had a great time and learned a lot.  One of the best things I got to do was teach a girl named Aillison.  Aillison is 17 years old is friends with a member.  we taught her the plan of salvation and when we asked her if she had been thinking about getting baptized she said that every time she does she is really happy so she thinks it is what she needs to do and want to be baptized soon!! We were in shock when we heard this!!! I thought it was a dream!!! But it was real life...I was so excited for her and I just kept thinking that she has such great faith!! I was kinda sad to leave Eden Prairie because I feel in love with the people I met, but I was also really excited to come back to Andover and hit the ground running so we could find people like Aillison that were ready to be baptized. 

I feel like Heavenly Father has sent so many little miracles each day.  They may not be what I want, but each one has helped me build my faith...and I know that Heavenly Father has a family that is ready to hear the gospel. I just have to wait for his timing before he will send it to me :)

Thank you everyone for all the love and support!!!

Love

Sister Randi Hulet

Pictures:

1: me and Sister Mansfield

2: me and zone leaders

3: me in front of a corn field

No comments:

Post a Comment