Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 4 Andover, Minnesota

Me on my bike..yes i still wear s skirt! thank heavens for biking shorts!!

Me and Sister Szabo on Saturday in the rain

this is one of the ugliest dogs i have seen and it wouldn't stop barking!!!

Friends and Family!

It’s been another week of ups and downs, but I feel truly blessed to be having this experience! This week I had was great and I’ve learned so much! On Tuesday we taught a lady named Melodie..I don't remember if I said anything about her in my last email..but to recap we met Melodie a couple weeks ago while..she was outside getting her mail, when we rode our bikes by and we stopped and to talk to her.  We taught her a little bit about the restoration and gave her a BofM and made a return appointment..so on Tuesday we went to teach her more about the restoration and it was great.  She had a really hard time understanding the BofM so we started by reading the chapter she tried to read and explained what was going on, it was awesome because it totally invited the Spirit! Then we talked more about the restoration and it was great!!!  She said that she wants us to keep coming back!!!! Totally a Miracle!!!! It was an answer to my prayers....we are teaching her again tonight and I hope we can feel the spirit again and maybe get her to commit to come to church on Sunday. My fingers are crossed!
 
Wednesday I got to go to the new missionary training meeting in Bloomington and that was really good. I feel like I learned so much more about the atonement and how to be a better missionary...Sister Clements talked about how we need to not dwell on things that may happen she had someone throw a cork in a bowl of water and showed us how no matter how hard you throw it, it only goes down like half an inch before it pops back up to the top!! She said we need to "Be a CORK!" it was good!!  Then she said that we can choose to "Be a DORK or a CORK!" I thought that was really funny, but it's totally true..it’s up to us how we are going to react to each challenge we face...let’s all be CORKS! I really thought about how hard this area has been for me and all the times I have really felt down and discouraged, but I know that the Lord will work miracles as I continue to have faith and do everything in my power to build up this area.  Last night Sister Szabo said that maybe the Lord needed us to build this area for the next missionaries that come to Andover and  I really never thought about that...I had to come to the idea that maybe I was sent here to prepare the way for the sister missionaries in the future...whatever the reason..I know it’s in the Lords hands.

We were informed this week that our car miles were going to be cut. So we now only have 900 miles each month. Now I know that it sounds like a lot. But you have to know that means we have around 30 miles a day. Not including our miles to zone meetings or trips we may have to take to Bloomington for transfers...and our area is HUGE!!! So we are on our bikes all the time now!!! On Saturday we biked up to a town called Ham Lake and we were able to drive part of the way, but then we would have to bike most of it...Ham Lake is really spread out and the house are not next to each other like in the cities. There are grasslands everywhere.  As we got the bikes on our car I had the thought we would need our jackets so I asked Sister Szabo if we should go back inside for them and she was all I think we should be good. Well I had the feeling again so I told Sister Szabo that I was going to get our jackets. She said whatever and told me where hers was. Once we got to the 9 mile mark (we can only drive 9 miles so we can have the rest to get home) we got on our bikes and rode the rest of the way up the road. We were stopping by a couple of members’ homes and then started knocking more doors....when it started to rain!! It was just a lite sprinkle so we went to the next street we have planned to knock...Once we got there. It really started to rain!!! Now, we were like 30ish minutes from our car!!! So we started the ride and by the time we made it to the car we were wet from head to toe!! It was bad!!! But all part of this great adventure that the Lord had sent me on!! I’m so grateful I followed the thought I had and went back for our jackets!

 On Sunday we were able to go to the Presidents Fireside.  That was good. The speakers were people who have just gotten baptized, normally you have to have an investigator to go to these, but they said that if you had never been to one you could come...so we got to go! It was great to hear people’s conversion stories. It reminded me that the work I’m doing is real and that knocking doors will pay off!

 
Thanks for all the Love and Support..I Love Y'all!!

Love:

Sister Randi Hulet 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment