Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 5 Andover, Minnesota


Whats Up friends and family!!

Well it’s been a pretty good week...I’m pretty sure that I’ve felt every emotion possible this week...hahaha! but it's great! some of the highlights of the week:

 

1: We had our first investigator to church this week! hoot! hoot! (we have only one investigator at the moment,but hopefully that will change this week :) )But she said that she really enjoyed it..it was the primary program and the spirit was so strong..she was so surprised at how much the children of the church know.  I told her that the children have some of the strongest testimonies! so that was awesome!! We have another appointment tonight and hopefully we can get a baptism date!

The Primary Program was so good..I cried from beginning to end! I loved all the songs and the talks the kids shared...the older kids all wrote their own talks, which was awesome and the little kids all had their parts memorized, for the most part!! it was cute..it was different though because the primary here is so small compared to the primary in my home ward! and when they sang the song about the children all around the world, I totally thought my my primary class!!! which made me cry even more!!

2: This week was our Zone Training...we learned a lot!! Holy cow!! President and Sister Clements are great...they always give the best talks.  We learned a lot about how to handle stress and how to keep ourselves healthy so we can best serve the Lord..my companion and I thought it was just for us!!! we are studying the booklet we got each day during companion study..it has helped so much in the short amount of time we have had it!! POSITIVE!  We also learned more about the importance of planning and I have seen a difference in the days where we have good nightly planning..our days are always better! Funny right..hahaha! Planning is key in missionary work!

3: A couple of weeks ago we knocked into a family who had just got home from a trip to Utah and while they were there they toured Temple Square and all that fun stuff, so when we said we were missionaries for the Church, they totally said we could totally come back and teach them more about our church..so since then we have been going back, but no one has been home :(  On Sunday we drove back over to their house and I told Sister Szabo that if they are not home we are going to have to stop coming over here all the time because people are going to think that we are like stocking this area...she agreed and when we knocked on the door they were HOME!!! We couldn't go in because the husband was really sick, but we made a for sure return appointment and the lady was super excited for us to come back!! Sister Szabo and I were freaking out!! can you say MIRACLE!!!

4: So I think I said a couple weeks ago that our miles were cut...and last night we added up how many miles we have for the rest of the month and let’s just say that our bikes are going to get a lot of use the next 7 days!! Now you can look at this one of two ways: 

                                   - This is horrible!! our area is huge and it will take us like all day to get from one place to another

                                   - Heck yes!! we get to ride our bikes and stay in shape!!  POSITIVE!  

I'm trying to think more of the second one, but I’ll get back to you next week and tell you how it went.

 

 

Other than that our week had been pretty normal, it is starting to cool off and I’m not gunna lie I’m getting a little nervous for winter!! but it’s all good! the colder it gets the better we work because I don't want to stay out in the cold! I hope everyone is doing okay and I love you all and thanks for all the love and support!!!

LOVE:
Sister Randi Hulet

XOXO

 

PS today is district pday so I will not have time to write snail-mail so I will sent letters next week! SORRY!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment